Welcome to the Activist Resource Group
“We can’t focus our energy on the problems…
We must focus on solutions
that make those problems irrelevant.”
– Gregory Johnson
The Activist Resource Group has been developed to serve socially minded people who have a sincere desire to make the world a better place. We hope to offer you some helpful resources, products, services, and support that will help make your efforts more fruitful. We also serve as an outreach and educational service to the public.
Articles About Activism
In 2014, heading into the Adventure Racing World Championships, Team Peak Performance for Sweden -- Mikael and Helena Lindnord, Simon Niemi, Karen Lundgren and Staffan Björklund -- was one of the best squads. The course that year was particularly difficult: 435 miles,...read more
Inspiring Advertising Businesses are repurposing their advertising and marketing budgets and are instead spending that money to create inspiring advertising. Uplifting stories that help make the world a better place. The following ad from Cadillac is an example Video...read more
Mohamed Bzeek – Libyan Muslim Immigrant, Cancer Survivor, Widow, and Foster Parent to Kids With Terminal Illnesses
Video About PBS NewsHour: "Mohamed Bzeek has become somewhat of a local hero in Los Angeles, taking on a life mission that few others would consider: as a foster parent who cares solely for terminally ill children. Special correspondent Gayle Tzemach Lemmon meets...read more
Inspiring Advertising Businesses are repurposing their advertising and marketing budgets and instead spending that money to create inspiring advertising uplifting stories that help make the world a better place. The following ad from WestJet is an example. Leroy is...read more
Inspiring Advertising Businesses are repurposing their advertising and marketing budgets and instead spending that money to create inspiring advertising uplifting stories that help make the world a better place. The following ad from WestJet is an example. Motivated...read more
Inspiring Story About High School Teacher Bruce Farrer Who Transforms Lives Decades After Graduation
Inspiring Advertising Businesses are repurposing their advertising and marketing budgets and instead spending that money to create inspiring advertising uplifting stories that help make the world a better place. The following ad from WestJet is an example. Video About...read more
Inspiring Advertising Businesses are repurposing their advertising and marketing budgets and instead spending that money to create inspiring advertising uplifting stories that help make the world a better place. The following ad from WestJet is an example. After being...read more
According to a recent report by the Sentencing Project, in the United States approximately 100 Million people have a criminal record and over 2 million people are currently in jail or prison. For these people, having even a minor criminal record, such as a misdemeanor...read more
Introduction In the Today show video interview below with Matt Lauer from 27 Feb 2017, George W. Bush talks about the free press, immigration ban, the Iraq war, Islam, and freedom of religious expression. In Part 2 of the video, at about the 5 minute mark, there is an...read more
Introduction One focus of President George W. Bush is to help injured veterans transition back to civilian life. As part of that, Portraits of Courage is a project that helps raise awareness, support, and funding for veterans. The book, Portraits of Courage is...read more
Inspiring Advertising Brothers of Climbing is an organization tackling diversity in rock climbing. "We believe there should be more inclusion, better representation, and a tighter community." Watch the video below to learn more. To watch more videos like this one, see...read more
Deaf Man is Encouraged by People in Community Using Sign Language – Inspiring Commercial from Samsung Turkey
Inspiring Advertising The following ad from Samsung Turkey has had over 14 million views since it was first posted to YouTube on 10 Feb 2015. It shows a deaf man being surprised as everyone he encounters in his community seems to know sign language. It's a well...read more
Ideally, activists would be like the white blood cells of culture and society attempting to bring about a more healthy and life supporting world. Being an activist isn’t a radical thing. It simply means that you are active. It means that you are passionate about something. It means that you believe tomorrow can be a better day than yesterday if we live responsibly today. It means you have hope for a better future. You can be an activist about anything: church, education, politics, the environment, human rights. Find your passion and grow in it.
Featured Activist Links. Below are some featured links to resources for impacting the world.
- Activism Stories – From the Front Lines
- A Vegetarian Visits a Kosher Slaughter House – Postville Iowa Agriprocessors Rubashkin Meat Packing Plant
- Reflections on the Prosecution of Sholom Mordechai Rubashkin and the Government Raid of the Agriprocesors Kosher Meat Packing Plant in Postville, Iowa
- The Postville, Iowa Raid: Looking Back, What have we learned? – Federal Agents Invade Rubashkin Agriprocessors Kosher Meat Packing Plant
- Advertising that offers humor, hope, and inspiration
- Animal Welfare
- Banksy – A British graffiti artist.
- BoxxyBabee Market Analysis – a market value analysis of BoxxyBabee
- Change.org – “Today as citizens of the world, we face a daunting array of social and environmental problems ranging from health care and education to global warming and economic inequality. For each of these issues, whether local or global in scope, there are millions of people who care passionately about working for change but lack the information and opportunities necessary to translate their interest into effective action. Change.org aims to address this need by serving as the central platform informing and empowering movements for social change around the most important issues of our time.” [ Ideas for Change in America – Post an Idea ]
- Charitable Giving – Resources and reviews for charitable giving.
- Companies Giving to Charity
- Consumer Defense Resource Group – Advocating for Consumer Rights
- Effective Activism – An article by Gregory Johnson
- Environmental Resource Group – Promoting sustainability and environmental action.
- Good.Alltop.com – News about doing good.
- Good.is – “GOOD is a collaboration of individuals, businesses, and nonprofits pushing the world forward. Since 2006 we’ve been making a magazine, videos, and events for people who give a damn.
This website is an ongoing exploration of what GOOD is and what it can be.”
- GoodTree.com – Online social networking of activists.
- GreenXchange – “Nike and Creative Commons are calling upon other companies and stakeholders to bring the network efficiencies of open innovation to solving the problems of sustainability. “
- Kiva – We’re currently promoting Kiva as a great way to help people save up money while doing good at the same time. Please join our Kiva Lending Team. Loan money, change lives.
- Nscfp.org – Northstar Center for Peace
- PeaceCorps.gov – Waging peace around the world.
- Political Resource Group – Politics that are “Fair and Balanced”
- Jay Shafer – Featured Activist
- ScienceCommons.org – “Many scientists today work in relative isolation, left to follow blind alleys and duplicate existing research. Data are balkanized — trapped behind firewalls, locked up by contracts or lost in databases that can’t be accessed or integrated. Materials are hard to get — universities are overwhelmed with transfer requests that ought to be routine, while grant cycles pass and windows of opportunity close. It’s not uncommon for research sponsors to invest hundreds of millions of dollars in critically important efforts like drug discovery, only to see them fail. The consequences in many cases are no less than tragic. The time it takes to go from identifying a gene to developing a drug currently stands at 17 years — forever, for people suffering from disease. Science Commons has three interlocking initiatives designed to accelerate the research cycle — the continuous production and reuse of knowledge that is at the heart of the scientific method. Together, they form the building blocks of a new collaborative infrastructure to make scientific discovery easier by design.”
- Slacker Uprising by Michael Moore
- Small Car Society
- Small House Society
- Super Efficiency Upsourcing Cost Effectiveness in Virtual Organizations and Businesses for a Zero Monetized Society
- The Story of Stuff – Exploring a dysfunctional model for production, delivery, consumption, and disposal.
- The True Enemy is War Itself – “The conflicting ideologies of the captain and the executive officer in the movie Crimson Tide are revealed early on in the film (from 20:40 to 24:13).”
- The Urgency of Global Feminism
- The Urgency of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights
- The Urgency of Youth Representation, Action, and Activism in World Democracy
- World of Good at eBay – Products that are ethically responsible with regard to labor, the environment, animals, and supporting social causes.
- World PROUT Assembly – “PROUT stands for PROgressive UTilization Theory. It means, the progressive utilization and rational distribution of all the earth’s natural resources.”
Faith and Activism. Most religions include as a central tenant the concept of social action, social change, and healing the world. People from all generations, and numerous religions have found a connection between faith and activism. Faith can provide the hope, courage, strength, and determination required to contribute toward positive change in the world. Below is an excerpt from the Tanya.
ולכן אמרו רבותינו ז״ל במדרש: ראה הקדוש ברוך הוא בצדיקים שהם מועטים, עמד
ושתלן ככל דור ודור
“The Almighty saw that the righteous were few, so He arose and planted them in every generation.” Tanya 1:25-26