The password must meet these requirements:
- Must be at least 8 characters long
- A lowercase letter (e.g. abcde)
- An uppercase letter (e.g. ABCDE)
- A number (e.g. 123456)
- A symbol or a space (e.g. ~!@#$%^)
Tips for choosing a password
- Avoid dictionary words.
- Use a combination of letters, numbers, and special characters.
- Use a combination of capital and lower case letters.
- If you use a word, try to combine multiple words, or use “made up” words.
- Avoid familiar items (names, phone number, etc).
- Avoid common passwords and generic sequences (ie. “password”, “admin”, “123456”, etc.).
- The more characters you use, the safer (use at least 8).
Protect your password
- Memorize your password, do not write it down.
- Do not share your password.
- Do not use the same password you use on other services (gmail, Yahoo, etc).
- Avoid using one password for all your logins.
- Avoid logging in from public computers.
- Change your password frequently.
- Be wary of allowing your password to be remembered by browser plugins or other utilities.
Source: The above guidelines are from BlueHost offered as guidelines for new email accounts. Updated 20161222th2003.