Resources for Life – News 200901 | 31 January 2009 | Saturday
I know that time is precious for everyone these days, so I’ll try to keep this update short. The approximate reading time for this message is about 4 minutes. Feel free to reduce your reading time even more by skipping over topics that don’t interest you.
What’s New. Recently added pages to the site include (in order with the most recent first):
- Lakota Future. This is the most recent public music composition by Gregory Johnson. (20090131sa1833)
- India Photos. There are now photos online from Gregory Johnson’s recent India trip from 25 December 2008 to 15 January 2009. (20090131sa1808)
- Small House Society News 200901. The January 2009 Small House Society News is now available. (20090131sa1628)
- Gregory Johnson Personal Update 200901. The January 2009 personal update from Gregory Johnson is now available. (20090131sa1542)
- Heart Songs 200901. The January 2009 Heart Songs selections are now available. (20090131sa1519)
- GetDegrees.com for Distance Education and Online Learning. This video tour is an introduction to the GetDegrees.com website. (20081217we2054)
- Logitech ClearChat Comfort USB Headphones with Microphone. The Logitech ClearChat Comfort USB Headphones with Microphone are ideal for use with Voice Speech Recognition and music recording with programs such as Apple iLife Garage Band. At a cost of about $40 or less, there’s really no need to evaluate or consider any other headphones. (20081217we2052)
- Voice Recognition Speech to Text. This page offers an overview of voice to text or voice speech recognition. (20081217we2050)
- University of Iowa Environmental Justice – Discussion. On 5 December 2008, Gregory Johnson participated in a class discussion about his book, Put Your Life on a Diet. [ Audio ]
- Sudden Values Eastern Iowa. Business owners get a website and online tools to promote their business. Consumers and customers get coupons and specials offers from their favorite local businesses.
- Purchasing a Dell Vostro 420 Desktop Computer. There is now a 30 minute video showing how to configure and purchase a Dell Vostro Desktop computer. In choosing the ideal configuration, it’s possible to get the greatest performance for your money. Help with purchasing a new computer is one of the most frequent support requests. So, this video is really useful. (20081212fr1244)
Thanks. I want to thank the global team of volunteers , contributors, and workers “behind the scenes” who help make all this possible. I’m very grateful to the many people who continue to uphold and advance the mission of Resources for Life. Thanks again for your support. Please let me know if there is any way that Resources for Life can serve you better.
Gregory Johnson, Director
Resources for Life.com
“Resources for Better Living”
E-Mail: g @ resourcesforlife.com (without spaces)
Postal: PO Box 2717, Iowa City, IA 52244-2717 USA
Phone: (319) 621-4911
Newsletter Subscribe. Subscribe to the monthly newsletter by sending a blank e-mail to:
Newsletter Unsubscribe. To unsubscribe from this newsletter, send a blank e-mail to:
Copyright & License Notification. Until a better system is found or developed, this content and information on the Resources for Life website will be governed by the spirit and intent of the Creative Commons ‘BYSA 3.0’ license. This license provides for the rapid dissemination and adoption of information and concepts without restricting flow and by guaranteeing unrestricted flow down stream even after third-party enhancements or revisions are made. This license is described in more detail here:
Open Source. The writings, systems, content, media (video/audio), and inventions developed under the Resources for Life name are to be governed by the spirit and intent of the Open Source license agreement described here:
* * *
Choose Your Advertising. The topical advertising links below are provided by Google AdSense. In providing these links, we give our site visitors the option to view advertising or not. We don’t necessarily endorse the advertisers generated by these links, but they are supposed to be context relevant and for that reason you might find them helpful. These links will take you away from our site if you don’t right click and choose to open them in a new window or tab. We’re currently experimenting with this form of advertising. Let us know if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions. In particular, if you find advertisers listed here that are offensive or misleading, contact us and we’ll have them blocked. Our filtering of ads ensures you get the most useful advertising possible. Click on a topical link below to view a page of ads related to that topic.