Home theater systems combine traditional home stereo components (receiver and speakers) with AV system components (video switching, dolby surround speaker, etc.). For people who enjoy listening to music and watching video, you can build one system to do both very well.
Most movies have a dolby surround audio soundtrack. To hear all the audio properly, you’ll need a mono center speaker, left and right front speakers, left and right rear speakers, and a sub woofer. This will produce the best sound. When listening to music, you’ll probably use only the left and right speakers, so it’s a good idea to choose high quality left and right speakers.
Audio. Here are some components worth considering for a home theater AV system.
- Amplifier / Receiver. Yamaha RX-V383BL 5.1-Channel 4K Ultra HD AV Receiver with Bluetooth – $280 [Amazon]
- Center Speaker. Polk Audio Signature S35 American HiFi Home Theater Slim Center Speaker – $300 [Amazon]
- Front Left/Right Speakers. Onkyo SKF-4800 2-Way Bass Reflex Floor-standing Speakers (Pair) – $300 [Amazon]
- Rear Left/Right Speakers. Polk Audio Signature S10 American HiFi Home Theater Compact Satellite Surround Speaker – $150 [Amazon]
- Speaker Wire. AmazonBasics 16-Gauge Speaker Wire – 100 Feet. – $11 [Amazon]
- Speaker Wire Banana Plugs. Monoprice 24k Gold Plated Speaker Banana Plugs, Closed Screw Type – 5 Pairs – $7 [Amazon]
Video. Suggesting a television system is more difficult because each person has their own preference of brand, size, and features. Samsung is usually a good choice. Here are a variety of options.
Samsung Curved Display 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV (2017 Models)