Summary. PageLines is a developer and support provider for professional CMS WordPress themes. The themes are fast, clean, attractive, and easy to use. This page provides some PageLines information and support resources.
Free Themes. As a public service, some fully functional (but simplified) PageLines themes are available for free, such as iBlog 2.
Paid Support. We highly recommend signing up as a user of the professional themes from PageLines to gain access to their excellent support resources even if you’re only planning to use the free themes. Why? You’ll get excellent support, and also have an opportunity to make suggestions for features or improvements to the free themes.
Partners Program. The PageLines Partners Program is a thoughtful and considerate mechanism that allows you to earn money when you refer customers who purchase the PageLines Professional Themes. More information is available by clicking the Partners link on the PageLines website. Once approved, you’ll get a link (like this one) from e-junkie that can be used for text or graphics images. When people click the link, they will be sent to the PageLines website, you’ll earn commissions and receive monthly income via PayPal. It’s that simple.
About e-Junkie Links. The html code provided by e-junkie (explained above) contains some extra text that isn’t entirely necessary. What’s necessary is the https:// link that ends with aff= and a number. That number at the end is your e-junkie member number. The number after the cl= in the link is the merchant (such as PageLines). Anyone who clicks on that link in an email, or as a text or image link from a web page or blog will allow for the e-junkie commissions tracking. This is significant because it means you can simply keep that link handy for anytime you want to send someone to the PageLines website. Using e-junkie, you can also sign-up for referral commissions from other merchants you’d like to promote, such as the Tumbleweed Tiny House Company. The links will be identical, except for the number that follow cl= in the link. It’s a good idea to have these links open in a new window when clicked to make sure people don’t leave your site when clicking.
Activating Your Site. In addition to placing links and ads in your website, it’s also possible to modify the sidebar.php file to ensure the PageLines logo shown uses your personalized e-junkie link. Here are some simple instructions that work with the iBlog2 theme.
- From the WordPress Dashboard, under the Appearance heading on the left, once expanded, choose Editor. Assuming the iBlog2 theme is active, it will be the currently selected theme you are editing.
- Under the Templates heading, click on the Sidebar (sidebar.php) link. This will cause the sidebar.php file to be visible in the editing window.
- At the top of the file, on the third line, you will see some code that looks like this: <a class=”plimage” href=”<?php echo get_option(‘pllink’); ?>”>Themes for WordPress</a>
- That is the code that defines the logo link. Change it to look like this: <a href=”https://www.e-junkie.com/ecom/gb.php?cl=49427&c=ib&aff=12345″ target=”_blank”>Themes for WordPress</a>
- Notice that the primary change made was to substitute the text between the quotes after href= so that the link is now your e-junkie link as described above. In addition, target=”_blank” was added to make sure the PageLines site opens in a new Window so visitors won’t leave your website entirely.
- Instead of 12345 as shown in the example, you’ll want your e-junkie account number. This will still send people to the PageLines website, but also ensure that you are able to earn revenue from the referral.
Why This Matters. Using a PageLines theme and becoming a partner commissions income is important for several reasons:
- Saving Valuable Time. The PageLines themes will save you time because they are easy to use.
- Promoting Good Business Practices. The PageLines business model is a progressive business model used by companies like Google and software vendors who provide very valuable products and services for free that meet 100% of the needs of 80% of the people. The 20% of the people who need something more advanced help fund the products and services used by the 80%.
- Cleaning Up The Internet. The Internet is just like any other ecosystem. It can get cluttered and polluted. Using PageLines themes allows you to help make the Internet simpler, more elegant, and more beautiful to look at. It does to the Internet what environmental restoration does to the planet. The PageLines themes are well organized and this helps establish standards of navigation and quality.
- Enhancing Your Impact. You are trying to have a positive impact in the world. Unless you have an unlimited supply of wealth, the quantity and quality of content on your site is limited by the various revenue streams in your life. If you can have an unobtrusive revenue stream, that offers win-win benefits to everyone involved, then the additional money coming in can help you provide a better quality and service to those who visit your site. It’s that simple. When you let someone know about PageLines themes, you are doing them a favor. So, why not let them do you the favor of earning some revenue.
Donating to PageLines. Because PageLines is a professional consulting firm with paying clients, they don’t have a donate button on their site. However, by donating to PageLines, you can help their business grow. Donating is really quite simple. Just buy an extra theme, even if you don’t plan on using it.
Great Gift Ideas. PageLines professional themes make great stocking stuffers! You can also put one on a memory stick and have it gift wrapped!