Summary. Like Windows computers, Apple computers do not come with a simple and intuitive method of copying CDs or DVDs.
This may be an attempt to avoid being perceived as a monopoly in violation of antitrust laws.
Instructions. Below are instructions for using the Apple Disk Utility for making duplicate copies of CDs or DVDs.
- Put DVD into the computer and exit the DVD player if it starts.
- Open Disk Utility found in the Utilities folder under Applications.
- The DVD you inserted will be listed in the left column.
- Click on “New Image” to create an image of the DVD and save it to your desktop.
- Once done, the resulting image file on the desktop can be used to create a new copy of the DVD. Simply open the image with the Disk Utility by double clicking on it, and then choose Burn.