Summary. Sometimes the least expensive item in a product category can be the best one available. Such is the case with the JVC Flats Headphones model HA-S150-BX.
Cost. These headphones are typically $15 to $20 depending on where you get them.
Purchase. If you’re unable to find these locally, we have them available in our Amazon store.
Features. These JVC Flats headphones offer many benefits.
- low profile design and swivel-flat ear pieces make these easy to pack and less likely to be crushed in baggage
- light weight
- wide frequency response needs less volume to produce the full spectrum of audio
- low cost
- adjustable to fit most people
- long cord
- works with iPod, iPhone, iPad, and technology requiring a small plug diameter such as the original iPhone
Specifications. Below are the specifications for the JVC Flats headphones.
- Frequency Response: 12 Hz – 23,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 105dB / 1mW
- Nominal Impedance: 32 ohms
- Cord Length: 1.2m (3.93 ft)
- Mass: 68 g (2.40 oz) not including cord weight
Limitations. Below are some limitations of these headphones.
- headphone plug is a straight plug rather than a right angle plug making it more likely to get bent or damaged
- earphones are not independent over-the-ear design, so they won’t easily fit in a pocket and can’t be easily worn with a bicycle helmet or hat
- spring of headband is relatively strong, so the pressure of the earphones on the ears may produce some discomfort
Testimonial. Below is a testimonial from technology consultant Gregory Johnson.
“In almost 40 years of listening to music and audio, I’ve not found a better combination of quality and value in a pair of headphones other than some over-the-ear designed headphones with similar features at about the same price. I’ve had $300 headphones before, and I’ve learned that regardless of their durability, headphones can eventually break or wear out. So, keeping the initial cost down without compromising quality is important. Because these headphones offer a full spectrum of audio reproduction, it’s not necessary to turn of the volume to hear all of the subtleties of your favorite music. This means these headphones are better for your ears. Most headphones are generically rated as 20-20,000 Hz frequency response. What such ratings fail to mention is the level of volume at those frequencies. With these JVC headphones, it seems like there is a fairly equal and accurate distortion free presentation of low through high frequency sounds. The rating of 12 Hz to 23,000 Hz seems accurate. For anyone looking to buy headphones, I’d recommend these or a pair with similar specifications.” – Gregory Johnson