Benefits. When compared to other air compressors, the benefits of this particular model air compressor are:
- Easy to read gauges
- Easy to use regulator to adjust outgoing pressure
- Fast refill time due to very efficient electric air pump compressor
- High air pressure capacity (150 PSI air pressure)
- Low cost (about $100)
- Quieter operation than other models
Safety Considerations. Here are some safety considerations for using an air compressor for cleaning.
- Baby Wipes. Huggies Natural Care baby wipes are an inexpensive, effective, and safe alternative to chemical-based cleaning wipes. Remember to be careful not to touch any interior components on the computer’s circuit board (mother board). Since these would likely be sensitive to moisture.
- Ear Plugs. Air compressors are typically quite loud. If used over an extended period of time, it’s best to stand at a distance or leave the room when they are refilling. Alternatively, you can cover your ears or use ear plugs when the compressor is running and refilling.
- Face Mask. If you’re ever doing any kind of extended cleaning, particularly in a public area, it’s important to use face masks because you’ll be exposed to an unusually high amount of dust particles from various sources. This is true for sweeping, vacuuming, dusting, and particularly important if you’re using pressurized air because doing so creates a lot of excess dust in the air. An entire box of procedural-grade face masks is only $5 at CVS, so it’s an inexpensive investment.
- Water Protection. In addition to the proper cleaning attachments, an air separator is necessary to ensure that no water gets on sensitive electrical components. The air compressor mentioned in the video below already has the proper attachments and air separator installed.
Instructional Video. Below is a video that reviews the use and basic benefits of this model air compressor.