ResourcesForLife.com – News 201105 | 30 May 2011 | Monday
I know that time is precious for everyone these days, so I’ll try to keep this update short. The approximate reading time for this message is about 5 minutes. Feel free to reduce your reading time even more by skipping over topics that don’t interest you.
Personal Update. My Personal Update for May is now available.
Heart Songs. The Heart Songs selections for May 2011 are now available on iTunes. Using iTunes you can listen to 1 minute and 30 second samples of these songs. Many of this month’s songs I discovered using Sound Hound app on my iPhone to learn more about the songs I’m hearing on the radio or in stores. Here’s a brief overview about this month’s selections.
- There are two old songs from Peter Frampton, who at 61 years young is recently on tour performing with his 22-year-old son.
- Some pop songs I recently discovered are: DJ Got Us Fallin’ In Love by Usher, On the Floor by Jennifer Lopez (an amazing song that blends dance rhythms with techno trance), Stereo Love by Edward Maya & Vika Jigulina (an amazing techno dance song with trance-like vocals), and Qui Est Cette Fille by Yelle.
- The song Fireflies, was popularized by Mike Tompkins in a YouTube video using sound effects entirely produced with vocals and water glasses.
- Irish Settlers by Craig Austin is an amazing acoustic guitar composition that is uplifting and inspiring.
- Kissing by Bliss is a world music fusion song that lifts you up and floats you in the clouds.
- Also this month are some excellent contemporary praise and worship songs that have very good instrumental and vocal elements, including Healing Begins and Hold My Heart by Tenth Avenue North, I Am by Mark Schultz, I Need You by LeAnn Rimes, I Will Rise by Chris Tomlin, There Will Be a Day by Jeremy Camp, and You Are More by Tenth Avenue North.
What’s New. This past month a variety of articles and content were added. I encourage you to visit the Documents Page and the What’s New Page to view the latest updates to the site. Or, simply refer to the article title links in the right column under the Recent Documents heading.
Thanks. I want to thank the global team of volunteers, contributors, and workers “behind the scenes” who help make all this possible. I’m very grateful to the many people who continue to uphold and advance the mission of Resources for Life. Thanks again for your support. Please let me know if there is any way that Resources for Life can serve you better.
Greg Johnson, Director
Resources for Life.com
“Resources for Better Living”
E-Mail: g @ resourcesforlife.com (without spaces)
Postal: PO Box 2717, Iowa City, IA 52244-2717 USA
Phone: (319) 621-4911
Monthly Newsletter: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/resourcesforlifenews/
Subscribe. Enter your email address below and click the Join Now button to be notified when the latest ResourcesForLife.com newsletter is available.
Copyright & License Notification. Until a better system is found or developed, this content and information on the Resources for Life website will be governed by the spirit and intent of the Creative Commons ‘BYSA 3.0’ license. This license provides for the rapid dissemination and adoption of information and concepts without restricting flow and by guaranteeing unrestricted flow down stream even after third-party enhancements or revisions are made. This license is described in more detail here:
Open Source. The writings, systems, content, media (video/audio), and inventions developed under the Resources for Life name are to be governed by the spirit and intent of the Open Source license agreement described here:
Transparency and Collaboration. To the greatest extent possible, every effort is made to maintain transparency in our operation. This allows for more effective public engagement, involvement, and collaboration.