Sources of creative inspiration can come from music, theatre, art, dance, and other similar outlets.
Cirque du Soleil is a company that combines music, theatre, dance, and art into performances around the world. From the Cirque website:
Cirque du Soleil is a Quebec based company recognized the world over for high-quality, artistic entertainment. Since its dawn in 1984, Cirque du Soleil has constantly sought to evoke the imagination, invoke the senses and provoke the emotions of people around the world.
Amazing Facts. Here are some amazing facts about Cirque du Soleil.
- In 1984, 73 people worked for Cirque du Soleil. Today, the business has 5,000 employees worldwide, including more than 1,300 artists.
- At the Montreal International Headquarters alone, there are close to 2,000 employees.
- More than 100 types of occupations can be found at Cirque.
- The company’s artists represent close to 50 nationalities and speak 25 different languages.
- More than 100 million spectators have seen a Cirque du Soleil show since 1984.
- Close to 15 million people will see a Cirque du Soleil show in 2011.
- Cirque du Soleil hasn’t received any grants from the public or private sectors since 1992.
Global Citizenship. The following describes Cirque du Soleil‘s passion to be an exceptional global citizen.
Ever since Cirque du Soleil had the resources to pursue its dreams and perform around the world, it chose to become involved in communities, particularly troubled youths. Concerned with the future, Cirque du Soleil turned its attention and resources to global issues, such as the fight against poverty. Working together with valued partners, Cirque du Soleil is making a difference in nearly 80 communities, in over 20 countries on five continents.
Cirque du Soleil wants above all to take its place in society as a good citizen, with all the duties and responsibilities that go with citizenship. Beyond philanthropic gestures, good citizenship consists of an attitude of social responsibility at the very heart of all our business strategies and management.
Cirque du Soleil’s citizenship principles are founded on the conviction that the arts, business and social initiatives can, together, contribute to making a better world.
Commentary. Below is a commentary by Greg Johnson about Cirque du Soleil.
It’s clear that the mission of Cirque is to impact the world in a positive way through the power of the arts. I’m very impressed with the holistic way that their team brings all forms of creative arts to the stage in performance that’s beyond entertainment — and takes the audience to a transcendent place of awareness and transformation. ~ Greg Johnson
Video. Below is a video showing one employee, among thousands, who is an example of the passion and commitment common among those involved with Cirque du Suleil.