Date: Friday October 7, 2011
Time: 6:00 PM – 7:30 PM
Location: Iowa City Public Library. Click here for the ICPL website event page.
Summary. In presentation format, small group, and/or one-on-one support, this special interactive forum and workshop will cover a variety of topics based on the desires and needs of those who attend — offering 90 minutes of free training and consulting from Greg Johnson of ResourcesForLife.com. Click here to read about the previous workshop and listen to the audio.
Details. Here are the main points you’ll want to know before planning to attend.
- Your Questions. Questions sent in advance by email from those who plan to attend are appreciated, and will help plan our agenda.
- Your Stuff. Feel free to bring your own photo camera, video camera, laptop computer, or other portable electronic devices.
- Your Support. Support provided and topics covered will be first come first serve.
- Our Focus. Meetings will focus on helping non-profits, community organizations, small business owners, entrepreneurs, seniors, and students — but anyone is welcome.
This Session’s Focus. For the October 7 workshop, we’ve not received any specific RSVP requests, so we’re anticipating general walk-in attendees. Topics will be selected in the first 5 to 10 minutes of the workshop.
Available Topics. When you RSVP and select an available training topic from the list below it helps tailor these sessions for everyone’s interests and needs.
- Computer Purchasing
- how to purchase the right computer for your needs
- Computer Maintenance
- computer repair
- computer recycling
- computer upgrades
- cleaning up viruses
- making computers more secure
- Computer Software
- using Microsoft Windows 7
- using Microsoft Word
- using Microsoft PowerPoint
- using Microsoft Excel
- creating a blog
- website creation
- using WordPress
- using social networks like Facebook or Twitter to promote your organization or business
- using PayPal to collect payments or donations
- using digital photo cameras
- editing photos
- sharing photos online
- using digital video cameras
- editing videos
- sharing videos online
- Apple Computer Usage
- using Apple computers
- using Apple iLife software (iMovie, iDVD, and GarageBand)
- using Apple iWork (Pages, Numbers, and Keynote)
- using Apple essential third-party programs
- Apple Product Usage
- using the iPhone
- using the iPad
- …and more!