- NiteRider Pro 1500 LED Race Light One Color with 1,500 lumens maximum and run time of 1.5 hour on high, 3 hours on medium, and 6 hours on low. Price $310 to $350.
- NiteRider MiNewt Pro 750 Light with 750 lumens maximum and a run time of 1.5 hours at 750 lumens, 2.5 hours at 500 lumens, 5 hours at 200 lumens, or 10 hours at 100 lumens. Price $196 to $250.
- Cygolite MityCross 400 Li-Ion Dual High-Brightness LED system with 400 lumens. Price $183 to $250.
- Light & Motion Urban 300 with 300 lumens and run time of 2:20 on high, 4:30 on medium, and 8:30 on low. Price $120 to $130.
- CygoLite Hi-Flux II LED Xtra: High-Brightness LED Bike Light with Frame Mount NiMH Battery with 150 lumens and run time of 4.5 hours on high, 50 hours on low. Price $70 to $110.
Alternative Lighting Options. Rather than paying a high price for a specialty bicycle light, an option would be to get a very high quality flashlight and mount it on your bicycle. The dollar cost per lumen is typically less and the quality is generally very high. A good source of specialty lights and comparisons can be found at IlluminationGear.com.