The Small House Movement has inspired the creation of many magazines, journals, and other publications in electronic form and print. Below is a brief directory of these providers who specialize in tiny, small, miniature, and micro homes. Please contact us if you know of any other resources that should be added to this list.
- Dwell Magazine
- Environmental Resource Group. Good list of environmental magazines and other resources.
- Google Books Online. Read small house books online.
- HomesAndCottages.com – A Canadian publication.
- Last Straw, The. Since 1993, the quarterly journal The Last Straw has been sharing news and developments from around the world about straw-bale construction and natural building.
- Shedworking.co.uk – “Shedworking is the only daily updated guide to the lifestyles of shedworkers and those who work in shedlike atmospheres.”
- TinyHouseBlog.com – A beautiful and simplistic blog about small homes. From the author: “My name is Kent Griswold and I am developing this blog because of my love of small spaces. I have always dreamed of having a cabin and have done research over the years. Tiny houses have also become an interest to me in the last couple of years. The goal of the tiny house blog is to discover the different options available for a person looking to down size into a tiny house or cabin. I will be looking at different type of construction, from logs, to yurts to modern and the unusual. I will also do book reviews, look at alternate energy for heat and electricity. I want to encourage feedback and ideas to make this an informative blog. Stories of people who are living this dream. Pictures of tiny houses and cabins, etc. My goal is to publish weekly and more if possible. Thank you for sharing in this experience with me.”
* * *
Choose Your Advertising. The topical advertising links below are provided by Google AdSense. In providing these links, we give our site visitors the option to view advertising or not. We don’t necessarily endorse the advertisers generated by these links, but they are supposed to be context relevant and for that reason you might find them helpful. These links will take you away from our site if you don’t right click and choose to open them in a new window or tab. We’re currently experimenting with this form of advertising. Let us know if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions. In particular, if you find advertisers listed here that are offensive or misleading, contact us and we’ll have them blocked. Our filtering of ads ensures you get the most useful advertising possible. Click on a topical link below to view a page of ads related to that topic.