On June 11, 2012 Apple held it’s annual WWDC event. [watch]
Below are the staggering statistics from the Apple World-Wide Developer Conference.
This year, the conference sold out in 1 hour and 43 minutes.
App Store and iTunes. Here are some statistics about the Apple App Store and iTunes store.
- 400 million credit card accounts
- 650,000 apps in the store
- 225,000 apps specifically designed for iPad
- 30 billion apps have been downloaded
- 5 billion dollars paid out to the independent programmers and app developers
- The app store works in 120 countries now, 32 more will be added soon, bringing the total to 155 countries
Snow Leopard and iCloud
- 26 million downloads of OS X 10.7 Snow Leopard in 9 months — what took 27 months for Windows 7 to do
- 125 million iCloud users signed up since October 2011
- 1.5 trillion push notifications sent already
- 7 billion per day currently being sent
iMessage and Social Networking
- 140 million iMessage users
- 150 billion messages sent
- now over 1 billion messages sent per day
- 10 billion tweets from iOS5
- 130 million people user game center
- 5 billion scores per week submitted