Living a more fulfilling life depends on living effectively and letting your choices manifest the outcomes and goals you want in life. This page contains links to online resources for mentoring and life counseling.
Websites. Below are websites based on the “Someone to talk to” online counseling concept.
- American Counseling Association – Counseling.org. “The American Counseling Association is a not-for-profit, professional and educational organization that is dedicated to the growth and enhancement of the counseling profession. Founded in 1952, ACA is the world’s largest association exclusively representing professional counselors in various practice settings. By providing leadership training, publications, continuing education opportunities, and advocacy services to more than 50,000 members, ACA helps counseling professionals develop their skills and expand their knowledge base. ACA has been instrumental in setting professional and ethical standards for the counseling profession. The association has made considerable strides in accreditation, licensure, and national certification. It also represents the interests of the profession before congress and federal agencies, and strives to promote recognition of professional counselors to the public and the media.” [More…]
- LivePerson.com – Professional Counseling. “LivePerson (Nasdaq: LPSN) puts the world’s experts at your fingertips. Founded in 1995, LivePerson helps the Internet deliver on its promise of making our day-to-day lives easier and better by supplying real-time access to the world’s experts and their knowledge. For everyday people, LivePerson is an online destination, community and marketplace where individuals can chat live with experts in a broad range of categories.” [More…]
- SomeoneToTalkTo.co.uk. “Someonetotalkto.co.uk offers Confidential Counselling, Life Coaching, Mentoring and Personal Development support via e-mail and telephone by Qualified Therapists and Counsellors. We adhere to the British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy Code of Ethics and Practice. With over 12 years online experience we are a network of UK Therapists specialising in Counselling, Life Coaching, Executive Mentoring and Personal Development. We work holistically to offer clients support both emotional and practically via e-mail and telephone…” [More…]
- BillMcDonaldOnline.com article on Types of Counseling. “The terms Therapist or Counselor have different meanings, often depending on the background and training of the professional you’re dealing with. Here is a list of some standard terms for the people and the processes – and a description of what they each mean.”
- Wikipedia – Online Counseling Article. “Online counseling is the provision of professional mental health counseling services concerns via the Internet. Services are typically offered via email, real-time chat, and video conferencing. Some clients use online counseling in conjunction with traditional psychotherapy, and a growing number of clients are using online counseling as a complete replacement to traditional office visits.”
- Wikipedia – Re-evaluation Counseling. “Re-evaluation Counseling describes itself as ‘a process for freeing humans and society as a whole from distress patterns so that we may resume fully-intelligent functioning.'”
Below. Students are inspired through mentoring and advisors as they navigate education decisions.
The Power of Student Mentoring. “Nontraditional college students are getting help through a pilot program developed by Northwest Michigan WORKS! The program pairs new students with other nontraditional students who already know their way around a college campus. Watch the video see what the mentors and
mentees have to say about the program.” [Source]
Finding a Mentor. In the video below, Jack Canfield (author of the Chicken Soup for the Soul book series) talks about finding a mentor.
Mentoring Success. Below is a video offering suggestions for successful mentoring.