The Diwali festival starts with Dhanteras on which most Indian business communities begin their financial year. The second day of the festival, Naraka Chaturdasi, marks the vanquishing of the demon Naraka by Lord Krishna and his wife Satyabhama. Amavasya, the third day of Diwali, marks the worship of Lakshmi, the goddess of wealth in her most benevolent mood, fulfilling the wishes of her devotees. Amavasya also tells the story of Lord Vishnu, who in his dwarf incarnation vanquished the Bali, and banished him to Patala. It is on the fourth day of Diwali,Kartika Shudda Padyami, that Bali went to patala and took the reins of his new kingdom in there. The fifth day is referred to as Yama Dvitiya (also called Bhai Dooj), and on this day sisters invite their brothers to their homes. [More…]
- “Secret Agent” – Adobe Launches Clever Ad Campaign for Their Marketing Cloud Product 26 September 2016
- Cigna Creates Humorous “TV Doctors of America” Campaign 25 September 2016
- Apple iPhone 7 Missing Headphone Jack 13 September 2016
- ResourcesForLife.com News 201608 31 August 2016
- Hillary Clinton Campaign Features Rorschach Test Ink Blots and Donald Trump Words on Immigration 31 August 2016
Read by Topic or Search
Shopping from our store or using the Amazon link below helps us raise funds. Thanks!