Resources for Life News 200806 | 30 June 2008 | Monday
I know that time is precious for everyone these days, so I’ll try to keep this update short. The approximate reading time for this message is about 4 minutes. Feel free to reduce your reading time even more by skipping over topics that don’t interest you.
Personal Update. My personal update for June is now available. Learn how I gained 40 pounds and aged 30 years in 6 months! Since mid-June, by applying the Holistic Living System, I’ve now lost 8 pounds and reversed my metabolic age by 10 years in only two weeks! My plan is to lose 40 pounds and reverse my metabolic age back to 20 by applying the principles and teachings presented on the Resources for Life website.
Heart Songs. The Heart Songs selections for June include numerous songs originating from India.
What’s New. Rather than send you to the What’s New page, I’ll list the recent highlights and additions to the site here so you can have your pick.
- The Urgency of Youth Representation, Action, and Activism in World Democracy. This article by Gregory Johnson addresses the urgent need for children and youth to have representation and involvement in global politics. (20080629su2011)
- The Urgency of Global Feminism. This article by Gregory Johnson addresses the urgent need for a surge in global feminine wisdom and action. (20080629su2010)
- Flood Cleanup Safety – Respiratory Advisory. A respiratory advisory has been added to the Iowa Flood Resources Page. (20080625we0923)
- Japanese Government Resists American Lifestyle. Three days after the publishing of Gregory Johnson’s article American Lifestyle May Be Detrimental To Health, CNN aired a special report about how the Japanese government is responding to the threat. (20080624tu1256)
- iPhone Support, Review, and Resources Page. This page consolidates a variety of documents relating to the iPhone. (20080623mo1118)
- Diamondback Bicycle Review – Day 107. Additional entries were made to this review page. (20080622su1109)
- Sleep Resource Page. A resource page was recently added that provides information on the importance of getting sufficient uninterrupted quality sleep every night. Sleep is a foundational component of the Schedule for Life. (20080621sa2109)
- Adonaikido. The resource pages for this fusion religion have been updated and migrated to the new website format. (20080621sa2057)
- American Lifestyle May Be Detrimental To Health. This article by Gregory Johnson describes how he gained 40 pounds and aged 20 years in 6 months. (20080620fr2323)
- Fossil Photos. A collection of recent fossil photos has been added to the photo library. These are pictures of the Devonian fossils near the Coralville Reservoir spillway in Iowa. (20080619th1747)
Put Your Life on a Diet. My new book, Put Your Life on a Diet, is now listed on Amazon and available for sale online as well as in local bookstores. The official launch of Put Your Life on a Diet is scheduled for 7:00 PM, Friday, 11 July 2008 at Prairie Lights Books in Iowa City.
New Newsletter Distribution and Format. For more than 8 years, the Resources for Life newsletter has gone out every month by e-mail to people around the world, on every continent. On Earth Day 2008, I began publishing the newsletter directly to the web. The monthly newsletter notice still goes out, letting people know when it is available to read online. The online format of the newsletter is consistent with the rest of the Resources for Life.com website. This new method of delivery makes it possible to go back and make changes or corrections as needed to text or links that may have changed. It is also possible to subscribe via RSS feed with this new format.
Thanks. I want to thank the global team of volunteers and workers “behind the scenes” who help make all this possible. I’m very grateful to the many people who continue to uphold and advance the mission of Resources for Life. Thanks again for your support. Please let me know if there is any way that Resources for Life can serve you better.
Gregory Johnson, Director
Resources for Life.com
“Resources for Better Living”
E-Mail: g @ resourcesforlife.com (without spaces)
Postal: PO Box 2717, Iowa City, IA 52244-2717 USA
Phone: (319) 621-4911
Newsletter Subscribe. Subscribe to the monthly newsletter by sending a blank e-mail to:
Newsletter Unsubscribe. To unsubscribe from this newsletter, send a blank e-mail to:
Copyright & License Notification. Until a better system is found or developed, this content and information on the Resources for Life website will be governed by the spirit and intent of the Creative Commons ‘BYSA 3.0’ license. This license provides for the rapid dissemination and adoption of information and concepts without restricting flow and by guaranteeing unrestricted flow down stream even after third-party enhancements or revisions are made. This license is described in more detail here:
Open Source. The writings, systems, content, media (video/audio), and inventions developed under the Resources for Life name are to be governed by the spirit and intent of the Open Source license agreement described here: