Financial Foundation. Below are several principles for a solid financial foundation. After reviewing these, proceed to the Top 10 list.
- Accountability. Consider having someone, such as a family member, that you meet with on a weekly or monthly basis regarding your financial planning and management. This can help establish accountability and continuity. This person need not be a professional, but they should be available to answer simple questions and help you stay committed to a plan of financial well being. They can help act as a means of ‘checks and balances’ to be sure you are following the recommendations of a professional financial services advisor.
- Financial Services Advisor. Financial services and debt management services are available in many communities and larger metropolitan areas. There are also online financial services, such as MyVesta, that can provide ongoing financial support and services via the Internet or over the telephone. [Click here for MyVesta or call 800-MYVESTA]
- Financial Training. The more you know about financial management the better your financial health will be. For starters, consider taking the Money 101 course offered by Money Magazine [Click here for Money 101]
- Frugally Religious. Don’t be frugal just at home, be frugal all day long, wherever you go. Look for ways to save money everywhere, even at work. Become financially aware at all times. Reduce water, heat, electrical usage everywhere. This will help make it a part of your daily life.
- Holistic Wellness. Problems in other areas of life can impact our financial situation. Consider how you can enhance your overall state of wellness. Click here to visit the Map page at Resources for Life.
* * *
Choose Your Advertising. The topical advertising links below are provided by Google AdSense. In providing these links, we give our site visitors the option to view advertising or not. We don’t necessarily endorse the advertisers generated by these links, but they are supposed to be context relevant and for that reason you might find them helpful. These links will take you away from our site if you don’t right click and choose to open them in a new window or tab. We’re currently experimenting with this form of advertising. Let us know if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions. In particular, if you find advertisers listed here that are offensive or misleading, contact us and we’ll have them blocked. Our filtering of ads ensures you get the most useful advertising possible. Click on a topical link below to view a page of ads related to that topic.