The 2013 Holiday Thieves’ Market takes place this weekend at the Iowa Memorial Union. Below are details from the Fine Arts Council website.
The University of Iowa Fine Arts Council is proud to sponsor the Holiday Thieves’ Market. This market is an indoor art exhibition and sale held annually featuring artists from all over the Midwest and beyond. Over 100 artists will exhibit and sell their original work in painting, ceramics, photography, woodworking, drawing, metal, glass, jewelry, fiber, and more! The show has a juried selection acceptance process. Free admission for the public! In conjunction with the Holiday Thieves’ Market the Fine Arts Council presents their annual wine tasting.
- December 7 & 8, 2013
- Iowa Memorial Union
- 10 am-5 pm Saturday
- 10 am-4 pm Sunday
- FREE ADMISSION
- Wine Tasting held on December 7 from 12-2 pm
Sampling of Artists
Here’s a sampling of just a few of the many wonderful local and regional artists at the event:
- John & Kim Novotny – Light The Earth Stone Art (West Des Moines, Iowa)
- Lianne Westcot Fine Art (Solon, Iowa)
- Liz & Rich Robertson – Cricket Hill Pottery (Dubuque, Iowa)
- Marion Nehmer Pottery (Des Moines, Iowa)
- Nancy Krahn Jewelry (Algonquin, Illinois)
The video below provides an introduction to the event.