Shop, Support, Repeat…Shopping from our store or using the Amazon link below helps us raise funds. Thanks!
RFL Social Networks
Read by Topic or Search
- Search above or Click here for an Advanced Google Search of this site.
- Make Facebook Function Like Pinterest by Creating a Facebook Page for Following and Sharing Topic-Specific News and Posts
- Acceptable Blood Alcohol Level (BAC) in United States to be Lowered from .08 to .05
- Douglas Van Praet – Unconscious Branding: How Neuroscience Can Empower (and Inspire) Marketing
- The Lincoln Motor Company
- Scotland Promotes Community Owned Renewable Energy
- Small House Society News 201304
- ResourcesForLife.com News 201304
- Gregory Johnson – Personal Update 201304
- Why I’m in Favor of Prison Abolition, and Voting YES for the Justice Center
- The Next Big Thing in Luxury is Small
- Artifactory – Local Artists and Artisans Connection for Iowa City and Eastern Iowa Artists
- Directory of Companies Offering Branded Products Printed With Your Logo and Design
- Apple Mac Computer Utility Software Programs for System Cleaning and Maintenance
- Facebook Pages – Deciding on a Page Name for Your Business, Organization, or Cause
- Santa Fe Natural Tobacco Company
- Foundational Causes of Crime and Incarceration
- Affirmative Action Applied to the Justice System to Correct Racial Bias
- Johnson County Justice Center – Decision to Vote Yes or No
SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS
Category Archives: Politics
Architectural Bigotry and Intolerance is a phenomenon where people reject any architectural design that they don’t personally like or that doesn’t fit into the sectarian insular homogeneous cookie cutter template of what they believe to be acceptable. Increasingly it’s become … Continue reading
Activism > Politics Summary. As individual citizens, it’s difficult to complete with large corporations for the loyalty of our political representatives. However, by choosing to spend money on ethical products, services, companies, manufacturers, organization, and vendors, you can powerfully determine what kind … Continue reading
The following documents and resources express viewpoints from either side of the Palestinian-Israeli conflict that may be helpful in gaining a broader understanding – particularly for those who may have only heard one side of the argument. The resources below are offered … Continue reading
Humor from Romney & Obama – Alfred E. Smith Memorial Foundation dinner in New York – Al Smith Dinner 2012
Some humor from President Barack Obama and Governor Mitt Romney, speaking at the 2012 Al Smith Dinner in New York.
The House I Live In – Eugene Jarecki interview on the Jon Stewart Show Discusses the Incarceration Crisis in the U.S.
Courtesy of Hulu, below is the interview with Eugene Jarecki on the Jon Stewart Show. To learn more, visit TheHouseILiveIn.org.
Summary. Travelers to Wisconsin should avoid holding signs in or near the Capitol building or any other state office building or facility. This includes inside the buildings or on the grounds surrounding the building(s). Signs Prohibited. This prohibition includes pieces … Continue reading
BROKEN ON ALL SIDES: Race, mass incarceration & new visions for criminal justice in the U.S. (Film Screening)
BROKEN ON ALL SIDES: Race, mass incarceration & new visions for criminal justice in the U.S. Date: 12 September 2012, Wednesday Time: 7:00 PM Location: 107 English-Philosophy Building, University of Iowa Facebook: Facebook.com/NewVisionsForCriminalJustice “In the United States of America today … Continue reading
Watch Mass Incarceration on PBS. See more from Religion & Ethics NewsWeekly. DEBORAH POTTER (Correspondent): At first glance, the Front Porch Cafe could be any neighborhood coffee shop. But the make-shift kitchen isn’t quite up to par, and those guys at … Continue reading
This is a common story for young people in countries and cities around the world seeking employment and hoping to create a better life. Description: Many young Chinese are losing faith in China’s economic miracle. Even though the country is … Continue reading
Rabbi David Wolpe Refuses to Join Group of Over 600 “Rabbis for Obama” – Gets Chosen to Offer Convocation Prayer at DNC
Rabbi David Wolpe refuses to endorse Barack Obama, even though 600 other rabbis in the U.S. have joined the coalition group Rabbis for Obama. Rabbi Wolpe recently co-authored a book with Pastor Rick Warren of the Saddleback Church, the popular evangelical … Continue reading