Welcome. Welcome to the information pages for Gregory Paul Johnson, Director of Resources for Life.com in Iowa City. Gregory Johnson is the author of Put Your Life on a Diet: Lessons Learned From Living in 140 Square Feet.
Transparency. Gregory strives to maintain an open source life that is transparent, interactive, collaborative and part of the Creative Commons.
Life Categories. Below are summary descriptions of various areas of life.
- Activism. Maintaining the Resources for Life website and facilitating the Small House Society. Writing product reviews and providing consumer advocacy through the Consumer Defense Resource Group.
- Career. Gregory is working full-time with the University of Iowa and providing computer and technology support to hundreds of clients through the Technology Services Resource Group.
- Health. Gregory is committed to vegetarianism (sometimes vegan organic), daily yoga, meditation, and fitness routine as part of the Schedule for Life and Holistic Living System. Maintaining fitness goals of exercise, nutrition, and sleep for optimal performance, productivity, and effectiveness. For detailed day-by-day holistic journaling, see Gregory’s LiveStrong.com page.
- Home. From August 2003 to August 2009, Gregory lived in the Mobile Hermitage, a 140 square foot cottage. From August 2009 to July 2011 Gregory lived in 360 square feet with his wife. They are now living in a diminutive apartment that also has a home office.
- Journal. Gregory’s journal of more polished writings can be found in the current documents library. These documents get expanded upon and revised in response to visitor feedback, and they are also updated as necessary to remain fresh and current (when applicable).
- Lifeways. Regarding religion and philosophy, Gregory developed and tries to follow Adonaikido as an expression of his faith beliefs.
- Music. Composing Music [ archive ] and selecting songs for the monthly and annual Heart Songs collection. Gregory also has a Smuel Ocarina page. Users of iTunes can view the archives of monthly and annual Heart Songs collections. There is also an iTunes Ping page.
- Personal Updates. Since the year 2000, Gregory has been sending out personal monthly updates that review each area of his life. As of September 2007 he began posting these online.
- Photography. Gregory’s current photography and archives are available online. His hope is to build an online source for stock photos that can be part of the creative commons. Gregory’s photography can be viewed on the following networks
- Radio Interviews. Audio is now available for recent interviews with Gregory Johnson on ABC News Australia, National Radio in Ireland, Iowa Public Radio Book Reading/Interview, KRUU, and Public Radio Interview with Ben Kieffer from February 2007.
- Relationship Status. Married to Makur Jain.
- Social Networking. Gregory has pages on Bebo, Curbly, Digg, Facebook, Hi5, Kiva, LinkedIn, Orkut, Scribd, and Twitter. A complete list can be found at the bottom of the ResourcesForLife.com community page.
- Technician Radio License. FCC authorized technician license, N0YOD.
- Transportation. Mostly commuting by bicycle year-round provides fitness, saves time, and saves money. Gregory is the facilitator of the Life Mobility Transportation Group.
- Video. Gregory’s videos are available on the ResourcesForLife.com YouTube page.
- Writing. Gregory recently published a book on simpler and smaller living, Put Your Life on a Diet: Lessons Learned From Living in 140 Square Feet. Other writings are available in the documents library such as product reviews and keeping a regular online journal of reflections on politics, society, relationships, technology and other topics.