Summary. The Health Resource Group is committed to providing access to timely and progressive health resources which can help maintain and improve personal health and wellness. In addition to the resources listed below, we have health related documents online.
Mission. The mission of the Health Resource Group is to offer techniques for age reversal and optimal wellness that help people achieve maximum longevity and effectiveness in life. The guidelines and suggestions offered by the Health Resource Group are intended toward this end. Holistic approaches to wellbeing look at various areas of life at multiple levels.
Universal Wellness Program
The Universal Wellness Program an open-source, public domain, open access, collaborative, universal design wellness protocol to simultaneously address various health issues such as high blood sugar, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and obesity. This video presents the latest version of the program, which has been developed over many years.
This video presents a health and wellness plan for addressing and preventing: Obesity, Type 2 Diabetes, and Hypertension. This approach advocates better sleep quality/quantity, strength exercises (stair climbing), and low carb / low glycemic index food choices. Suggestions in this video for weight loss, glucose control, and lowering blood pressure are from personal experience. You should consult with your physician before making changes to your diet or exercise. This video is not intended to diagnose or cure. Click here to learn more.
Wellness Event Promotion and Coordination. In addition to the information we provide online, we also help coordinate and promote wellness events, classes, workshops, seminars, and conferences. An example would be the 2012 Spring Pranic Healing Workshop.
Wellness Institutions. We support a variety of wellness centers and solutions providers, yet our primary focus is to promote integrative holistic wellness institutions. An example of such an institution is the Washington Street Wellness Center in Iowa City. Such facilities provide essential foundational knowledge and support of each individual’s health strengths and needs. Personalized optimal wellness strategies are provided that are very effective. Ideally, each person would examine and fortify their physiology at this foundational level, and at the same time engage in regular physical training (cardio and strength training) combined with optimal nutrition. Without a holistically strong foundational physiology, exercise and nutrition alone can’t provide as much benefit.
Preventative Health as Education. It takes a commitment of time and money to engage in participatory and preventative health practices. Yet, collaborating with a health practitioner can provide abundant benefits in return. Just like taking a course at the college level, there will be learning experiences and opportunities to apply what you’ve learned. Your body is the text book. Exams are daily as you apply what you’ve learned through meeting with your healthcare practitioner. Lab results, like quizzes along the way, will provide quantitative results to show how much progress you’ve made and where you still need work. The final grade will be manifested in the form of better overall wellness.
Health as Habit. Below is a commentary by Gregory Johnson about making health a habit.
“Let fitness and wellness part of your daily routine — just like taking a shower or brushing your teeth every day. In this way, exercising for stamina, drinking tea for cleansing, drinking water for hydration, and getting proper nutrition can be as natural as blinking, breathing, or your heart beating — an involuntary habit that you could do in your sleep. Simple, small, achievable, realistic practices of wellness done consistently, habitually, and routinely without fail will have a big impact.” ~ Gregory Johnson
Disclaimer. You should always consult with your physician, holistic wellness practitioner, or healthcare provider before making any significant changes to your exercise, diet, or lifestyle.
Holistic Health General Areas of Life Wellness. Maintaining and improving our wellness involves balancing various interdependent areas of life such as:
- Air Purification and Quality
- Audiology Care (see Hearing Care)
- Back Health
- Cleaning Naturally for the Home – Natural Safe Earth Friendly Cleaners and Cleaning Supplies for Home Office and Industry
- Cleansing for the Body
- Tea Drinking Daily – Tips for making a sweeter cup of tea without sugar.
- Clothing– We list clothing under health because clothing is a basic necessity to proper health, but also because some clothing is exceptionally beneficial to health.
- Dr. Darlene Ehlers
- Dental Care
- Digestive Wellness
- Dannon Activa Probiotic Yogurt – “As defined by the World Health Organization (WHO), a probiotic is a living microorganism that, when administered in adequate amounts, confers a health benefit on its host. For hundreds of years dairy foods containing live cultures have been touted as having beneficial properties, and scientific studies now support many of these claims. Increasing numbers of health-conscious people worldwide are including these foods with functional benefits in their diets. Activia is the only product in the world that contains Bifidus Regularis™. Learn more at Dannon’s website on probiotics.”
- Dannon Probiotic Center – “Probiotics are living microorganisms, usually lactic acid bacteria, that when consumed in sufficient numbers can provide health benefits that go beyond basic nutrition. The benefits are due, in large part, to the effects of these so-called friendly bacteria on different intestinal functions. But benefits may also include removing harmful substances from the body or countering some of their effects.”
- Emotional Well being
- Exercise for Aerobic and Cardio Benefits
- Eye Care, Vision Health, and Optical Resources
- Flexibility – Morning Stretching Exercises, Yoga, Pilates, Tai Chi
- Food and Cooking (organic vegan is preferable)
- Foot Care and Shoes for Promoting Healthy Feet
- General Hygiene
- Hair Care
- Keep computer keyboards flat, not tilted up, for best hand posture
- Use a mouse pad with wrist rest
- Healthy Home (using safe cleaning products and creating a non-toxic home)
- Hearing Care
- Mind and Memory
- Nutrition – Nutritious and Delicious Food
- Nutritional Supplements
- Quality Sleep
- Shoes (Foot Care and Shoes for Promoting Healthy Feet)
- Skin Care
- Strength Training
- Tipton Chiropractic & Health Center
- Vision (see Eye Care)
- Water Purification and Quality > Water Filtration Systems
- Weight Loss, Weight Management, Weight Mindfulness
Videos. Below are videos and movies about health.
- Sicko. “SiCKO is more like a controlled howl of protest than a documentary. Toning down the rhetoric of past efforts–no CEOs, congressmen, or celebrities were accosted in the making of this film–Michael Moore’s latest provocation is just as heartfelt, if not more heartbreaking. As he clarifies from the outset, his subject isn’t the 45 million Americans without insurance, but those whose coverage has failed to meet their needs. He starts by speaking with patients who’ve been denied life-saving procedures, like chemotherapy, for the most spurious of reasons. Then he travels to Canada, England, and France to see if socialized medicine is as inefficient as U.S. politicians like to claim–especially those who receive funding from pharmaceutical companies. Moore finds quality care available to all, regardless as to income. He concludes with a stunt that made headlines when he assembles a group of 9/11 rescue workers suffering from a variety of afflictions. When Moore is informed that detainees at Guantánamo Bay–technically American soil–qualify for universal coverage, he and his companions travel to Cuba to get in on that action. It’s a typically grandstanding move on Moore’s part. And it proves remarkably effective when these altruistic individuals, who’ve either been denied treatment or forced to pay outrageous costs for their medication, experience a dramatically different system. Nine years in the making, SiCKO makes a persuasive case that it’s time for America to catch up with the rest of the world. –Kathleen C. Fennessy” [ Amazon | Official Website ]
Online Materials. The general resources below expand on the above areas of health.
- Aloe Farms – Offering organic aloe juice in gallon containers. [Buy Now]
- George’s Aloe – “Aloe can help to maintain a healthy digestive membrane system. Consequently, the body makes adjustments that if combined with a daily regimen, can result in better overall health.” [Buy Now]
- Mayo Clinic – “Early evidence suggests that aloe may aid healing of mild to moderate skin burns. …There is early evidence that oral aloe may reduce the risk of developing lung cancer.”
- Wikipedia – “Today, the gel found in the leaves is used for soothing minor burns, wounds, and various skin conditions like eczema and ringworm. The use of this herbal medicine was popularized in the 1950’s in many Western Countries. The gel’s effect is nearly immediate, plus it also applies a layer over wounds that is said to reduce the chance of any infection.”
- American Lifestyle May Be Detrimental To Health– article by Gregory Johnson
- Body Mass Index (BMI) Calculation
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Drug Awareness
- AboveTheInfluence.com – “Our goal is to help you stay above the influence. The more aware you are of the influences around you, the better prepared you will be to stand up to the pressures that keep you down. We’re not telling you how to live your life, but are giving you another perspective and the latest facts. You need to make your own smart decisions. You might even consider this Web site an influence. We know that you’re very smart when it comes to the messages you see and hear. That’s great and you should question us, too. One way to do that is to review our sources. The numbers at the end of many of the facts are footnotes. You can click on them to find out where we got the information. We hope that this site helps you to be more aware of the influences around you, and that you carefully consider the risks when you’re faced with tough decisions.”
- HealthierUS.gov – “This Web site is part of a broad presidential agenda designed to help Americans, especially children, live longer, better, and healthier lives. The site provides credible, accurate information to help Americans choose healthier habits.”
- LiveStrong.com – This is an amazing interactive personalized holistic wellness resource that allows for tracking of food, exercise, and more.
- Monosodium Glutamate MSG Health Dangers and Side Effects of Toxic Additives
- New England Journal of Medicine
- New York Times Health
- ProForm 390 E Elliptical for Sears – Assembly and Support Documentation
- New York Times Health
- SmallStep.gov – “We are bombarded every day with conflicting information about our health. It’s no wonder that many of us throw up our hands and give up. But if we want to live long and fulfilling lives, it’s essential that we learn the real facts about health, nutrition, and physical activity.”
- The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot Featured on the Steven Colbert Report
- Universal Healthcare
- Wireless Devices for Healthcare Patient Vital Sign Monitoring and Health Condition Data Collection History Tracking
- Yahoo Health