Home | About | Contact | ICACSC | Our Success | Payments | Rates | Resources
Remote Computer Support and Training | Services | Testimonials | Training
New -> Iowa City Computer Support Providers Directory
Exceptional Service at Affordable Rates. Eeach year we discover increasingly cost effective ways to run our operations. So, we pass the savings on to you and generally charge less today than what we’ve charged in the past. Our current rate structure is as follows:
- Personal Services: $75 per hour for on-site or phone support. Time billed includes round-trip travel time and 50 cents per mile.
- Business Services: $95 per hour for on-site or phone support. Time billed includes round-trip travel time and 50 cents per mile.
- Emergency Response: At our discretion, on-site support with a response time within 24 hours may be available. However, the rates are $95 per hour for personal services and $125 per hour for business services. These higher rates are charged to compensate for other appointments being cancelled on short notice.
Mileage and Round-Trip Travel Time Charge. We make every effort to minimize travel time and expenses to keep your costs down. Yet, here’s why we charge for round trip travel time and mileage:
- Much of the support and training we provide is done using remote support software, and through phone or email communications.
- Increasingly we’ve found that many of the on-site support calls we make are for minor repairs that take only a few minutes, yet the cost and time of travel still need to be recuperated.
- Some service providers charge a minimum fee for trips. Because we have some clients within walking distance (a few minutes), and others a 30 minute drive away, we feel it’s better to charge for round-trip travel time and vehicle mileage (if applicable) instead. This way costs are paid as accrued.
Comparison. Our $95 per hour rate is what we were charging about 10 years ago. To get an idea of how our rates compare to others in the industry, we monitor the support rates of our competitors. An example would be CamCommerce.com with support rates as of August 2012 at $150 per call and then an additional $50 for every 15 minutes. So, the first hour would be $350 and then $200 an hour thereafter.