Welcome to the Activist Resource Group
“We can’t focus our energy on the problems…
We must focus on solutions
that make those problems irrelevant.”
– Gregory Johnson
The Activist Resource Group has been developed to serve socially minded people who have a sincere desire to make the world a better place. We hope to offer you some helpful resources, products, services, and support that will help make your efforts more fruitful. We also serve as an outreach and educational service to the public.
Articles About Activism
The videos below are various presentations by Christine Porath on the topic of civility and how the lack of civility in the workplace creates a toxic workplace and has a great economic cost. Respect, gratitude, kindness, empathy — these are not just proper ways to...
Brad Parscale is known for his innovative work using social media to engineer a win for Donald Trump during the 2016 election. There is a CBS 60 Minutes interview and a PBS FRONTLINE interview with Parscale where he explains specifically how he engineered a win for...
Omaze is a nonprofit fundraising platform and service that creates curated raffles for high-value items like vehicles, entertainment, and travel. Organizations using Omaze include: Comic Relief, Doctors Without Borders, Jane Goodall Institute, Malala Fund, National...
Summary This page contains videos about present-day left-wing liberal militant activists advocating violence. The videos below are listed in chronological order. To learn more about militant right-wing conservatives, read "Militant and Weaponized: America’s Patriot...
The following videos provide some insight into the rise of patriot militia groups in America over the past few years. These videos are listed in chronological order. The list will be updated as new videos are discovered. This is a reference document that intends to be...
The following video is from NowThis News and it explores how class solidarity can help unite people of otherwise different backgrounds. https://youtu.be/iwqBXUb1TdE [Video Date: 11 Sep 2020. Posted: 13 Sep 2020]
Yesterday I had a question from someone in Japan regarding America. He writes: Greg Johnson, Thank you so much! I would like to know the shadow of the life of the people. Almost Japanese people think that all American people are so happy. I want to know the American...
https://youtu.be/-BPHye-3XY0 Speech Transcript Good morning. Distinguished guests, John-Miles, Lewis’ family and friends, Lord I thank you for inviting us for being here today. John’s story began on a tiny farm in Troy, Alabama, a place so small he said you can barely...
PART 1: Big Agriculture Is Broken Growing food and fiber with industrial techniques has devastated our climate. Conventional agriculture contributes up to 25% of the emissions driving the climate crisis. But there’s another way. Regenerative Organic methods can build...
When hiking through a forest, it's common to see a fallen tree that is being consumed by a combination of fungus, ants, and decomposition. The circle of life will eventually allow the tree to rot and turn into soil again. Xylophagy is a term used in ecology to...
This page offers news and information about the 2020 global desert locust invasion. Stories and reports are listed below in chronological order with emphasis on the source and date. Some unusual fluctuations in climate have resulted in excessive locust populations....
Conspiracy theories are spreading rapidly on the Internet. And they find an audience that believes them. Scientists are studying why people have a tendency to believe nonsense is true. The Internet has profoundly changed our thinking in less than two decades. No other...
Ideally, activists would be like the white blood cells of culture and society attempting to bring about a more healthy and life supporting world. Being an activist isn’t a radical thing. It simply means that you are active. It means that you are passionate about something. It means that you believe tomorrow can be a better day than yesterday if we live responsibly today. It means you have hope for a better future. You can be an activist about anything: church, education, politics, the environment, human rights. Find your passion and grow in it.
Featured Activist Links. Below are some featured links to resources for impacting the world.
- Activism Stories – From the Front Lines
- A Vegetarian Visits a Kosher Slaughter House – Postville Iowa Agriprocessors Rubashkin Meat Packing Plant
- Reflections on the Prosecution of Sholom Mordechai Rubashkin and the Government Raid of the Agriprocesors Kosher Meat Packing Plant in Postville, Iowa
- The Postville, Iowa Raid: Looking Back, What have we learned? – Federal Agents Invade Rubashkin Agriprocessors Kosher Meat Packing Plant
- Advertising that offers humor, hope, and inspiration
- Animal Welfare
- Banksy – A British graffiti artist.
- BoxxyBabee Market Analysis – a market value analysis of BoxxyBabee
- Change.org – “Today as citizens of the world, we face a daunting array of social and environmental problems ranging from health care and education to global warming and economic inequality. For each of these issues, whether local or global in scope, there are millions of people who care passionately about working for change but lack the information and opportunities necessary to translate their interest into effective action. Change.org aims to address this need by serving as the central platform informing and empowering movements for social change around the most important issues of our time.” [ Ideas for Change in America – Post an Idea ]
- Charitable Giving – Resources and reviews for charitable giving.
- Companies Giving to Charity
- Consumer Defense Resource Group – Advocating for Consumer Rights
- Effective Activism – An article by Gregory Johnson
- Environmental Resource Group – Promoting sustainability and environmental action.
- Good.Alltop.com – News about doing good.
- Good.is – “GOOD is a collaboration of individuals, businesses, and nonprofits pushing the world forward. Since 2006 we’ve been making a magazine, videos, and events for people who give a damn.
This website is an ongoing exploration of what GOOD is and what it can be.”
- GoodTree.com – Online social networking of activists.
- GreenXchange – “Nike and Creative Commons are calling upon other companies and stakeholders to bring the network efficiencies of open innovation to solving the problems of sustainability. “
- Kiva – We’re currently promoting Kiva as a great way to help people save up money while doing good at the same time. Please join our Kiva Lending Team. Loan money, change lives.
- Nscfp.org – Northstar Center for Peace
- PeaceCorps.gov – Waging peace around the world.
- Political Resource Group – Politics that are “Fair and Balanced”
- Jay Shafer – Featured Activist
- ScienceCommons.org – “Many scientists today work in relative isolation, left to follow blind alleys and duplicate existing research. Data are balkanized — trapped behind firewalls, locked up by contracts or lost in databases that can’t be accessed or integrated. Materials are hard to get — universities are overwhelmed with transfer requests that ought to be routine, while grant cycles pass and windows of opportunity close. It’s not uncommon for research sponsors to invest hundreds of millions of dollars in critically important efforts like drug discovery, only to see them fail. The consequences in many cases are no less than tragic. The time it takes to go from identifying a gene to developing a drug currently stands at 17 years — forever, for people suffering from disease. Science Commons has three interlocking initiatives designed to accelerate the research cycle — the continuous production and reuse of knowledge that is at the heart of the scientific method. Together, they form the building blocks of a new collaborative infrastructure to make scientific discovery easier by design.”
- Slacker Uprising by Michael Moore
- Small Car Society
- Small House Society
- Super Efficiency Upsourcing Cost Effectiveness in Virtual Organizations and Businesses for a Zero Monetized Society
- The Story of Stuff – Exploring a dysfunctional model for production, delivery, consumption, and disposal.
- The True Enemy is War Itself – “The conflicting ideologies of the captain and the executive officer in the movie Crimson Tide are revealed early on in the film (from 20:40 to 24:13).”
- The Urgency of Global Feminism
- The Urgency of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights
- The Urgency of Youth Representation, Action, and Activism in World Democracy
- World of Good at eBay – Products that are ethically responsible with regard to labor, the environment, animals, and supporting social causes.
- World PROUT Assembly – “PROUT stands for PROgressive UTilization Theory. It means, the progressive utilization and rational distribution of all the earth’s natural resources.”
Faith and Activism. Most religions include as a central tenant the concept of social action, social change, and healing the world. People from all generations, and numerous religions have found a connection between faith and activism. Faith can provide the hope, courage, strength, and determination required to contribute toward positive change in the world. Below is an excerpt from the Tanya.
ולכן אמרו רבותינו ז״ל במדרש: ראה הקדוש ברוך הוא בצדיקים שהם מועטים, עמד
ושתלן ככל דור ודור
“The Almighty saw that the righteous were few, so He arose and planted them in every generation.” Tanya 1:25-26