Welcome to the Activist Resource Group
“We can’t focus our energy on the problems…
We must focus on solutions
that make those problems irrelevant.”
– Gregory Johnson
The Activist Resource Group has been developed to serve socially minded people who have a sincere desire to make the world a better place. We hope to offer you some helpful resources, products, services, and support that will help make your efforts more fruitful. We also serve as an outreach and educational service to the public.
Articles About Activism
LOCAL FOOD – This Vertical 1/10th-Acre Urban Agriculture Farm Can Produce 5-Acres Equivalent in Food
In 1/10th of an acre, this urban farm produces the equivalent of a 5-acre farm able to produce 100,000 pounds of food per year using 90% less water than a traditional farm.read more
Summary Below is news coverage over the past few days of a 23 Nov 2018 government climate report that describes serious negative outcomes that will be unavoidable if we don't act soon to avert them. Some analysts are describing this as an extinction level event. The...read more
Houston, Texas just elected 19 black women as judges in hopes of promoting criminal justice reform. "For 19 black women and a socialist to be elected judge in Houston, which is the epicenter of mass incarceration, is not a small deal," said Jay Jenkins, an attorney...read more
At a time when journalists and news media agencies are is being harshly criticized for being too biased (to the right or left), Vice Media is standing out as a mostly impartial news reporting group helping to empower and advance the media reform movement. When...read more
In recent years, daytime talk shows, nighttime talk shows, comedians, journalists, the entertainment industry, and news media outlets have been perceived to be left-leaning and supportive of Democratic Party candidates and policies. Some of these perceptions are well...read more
MEDIA REFORM – CNN Interview with Dan Crenshaw is BIG Step in Right Direction Toward Restoration of Public Trust
On 5 Nov 2018, Dan Crenshaw was a guest on CNN for an interview that represents the kind of news coverage needed to restore balance and public trust. Various national U.S. media outlets have developed a reputation for reporting on news favorable to the Democratic...read more
POLITICS – Amy Klobuchar Offers Advice on Successful and Effective Politics that will Best Serve the Public Interest
In this video clip Amy Klobuchar offers advice on successful and effective politics that will best serve the public interest. This is an excerpt from her appearance on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert on 5 Nov 2018. This video is being used in a non-commercial way...read more
Since 2010, homelessness had been declining, but in 2017 a rise in homelessness began. By our most recent accounts there are now 554,000 homeless people in the U.S. with many of the working poor being without a place to live. They could be paid more, but paying...read more
A special three-part series by ABC News Australia examines the impact of 400,000 new people each year on the finite island with water scarcity, food scarcity, and limited housing.read more
Brad Parscale is known for his innovative work using social media during the 2016 election. The videos below offer more information about him. There is also a CBS 60 Minutes interview with Parscale that offers additional details about his work. For more, find Brad...read more
On 3 Sep 2018, Sarah Ferguson of ABC Australia spoke with Steve Bannon about his plans to take over the world – or at least promote a global populist revolution that supports his goals. In past interviews Bannon has seemed a bit disheveled, defensive, and critical....read more
Poverty in America – How one of the world’s wealthiest nations still struggles with economic justice.
By some measures, our economy has never been better. The stock market is at an all time high and jobless claims are at about a 49-year low. End of story, right? Well... not really. We still have millions of citizens living in poverty. More than 20 million children are...read more
Ideally, activists would be like the white blood cells of culture and society attempting to bring about a more healthy and life supporting world. Being an activist isn’t a radical thing. It simply means that you are active. It means that you are passionate about something. It means that you believe tomorrow can be a better day than yesterday if we live responsibly today. It means you have hope for a better future. You can be an activist about anything: church, education, politics, the environment, human rights. Find your passion and grow in it.
Featured Activist Links. Below are some featured links to resources for impacting the world.
- Activism Stories – From the Front Lines
- A Vegetarian Visits a Kosher Slaughter House – Postville Iowa Agriprocessors Rubashkin Meat Packing Plant
- Reflections on the Prosecution of Sholom Mordechai Rubashkin and the Government Raid of the Agriprocesors Kosher Meat Packing Plant in Postville, Iowa
- The Postville, Iowa Raid: Looking Back, What have we learned? – Federal Agents Invade Rubashkin Agriprocessors Kosher Meat Packing Plant
- Advertising that offers humor, hope, and inspiration
- Animal Welfare
- Banksy – A British graffiti artist.
- BoxxyBabee Market Analysis – a market value analysis of BoxxyBabee
- Change.org – “Today as citizens of the world, we face a daunting array of social and environmental problems ranging from health care and education to global warming and economic inequality. For each of these issues, whether local or global in scope, there are millions of people who care passionately about working for change but lack the information and opportunities necessary to translate their interest into effective action. Change.org aims to address this need by serving as the central platform informing and empowering movements for social change around the most important issues of our time.” [ Ideas for Change in America – Post an Idea ]
- Charitable Giving – Resources and reviews for charitable giving.
- Companies Giving to Charity
- Consumer Defense Resource Group – Advocating for Consumer Rights
- Effective Activism – An article by Gregory Johnson
- Environmental Resource Group – Promoting sustainability and environmental action.
- Good.Alltop.com – News about doing good.
- Good.is – “GOOD is a collaboration of individuals, businesses, and nonprofits pushing the world forward. Since 2006 we’ve been making a magazine, videos, and events for people who give a damn.
This website is an ongoing exploration of what GOOD is and what it can be.”
- GoodTree.com – Online social networking of activists.
- GreenXchange – “Nike and Creative Commons are calling upon other companies and stakeholders to bring the network efficiencies of open innovation to solving the problems of sustainability. “
- Kiva – We’re currently promoting Kiva as a great way to help people save up money while doing good at the same time. Please join our Kiva Lending Team. Loan money, change lives.
- Nscfp.org – Northstar Center for Peace
- PeaceCorps.gov – Waging peace around the world.
- Political Resource Group – Politics that are “Fair and Balanced”
- Jay Shafer – Featured Activist
- ScienceCommons.org – “Many scientists today work in relative isolation, left to follow blind alleys and duplicate existing research. Data are balkanized — trapped behind firewalls, locked up by contracts or lost in databases that can’t be accessed or integrated. Materials are hard to get — universities are overwhelmed with transfer requests that ought to be routine, while grant cycles pass and windows of opportunity close. It’s not uncommon for research sponsors to invest hundreds of millions of dollars in critically important efforts like drug discovery, only to see them fail. The consequences in many cases are no less than tragic. The time it takes to go from identifying a gene to developing a drug currently stands at 17 years — forever, for people suffering from disease. Science Commons has three interlocking initiatives designed to accelerate the research cycle — the continuous production and reuse of knowledge that is at the heart of the scientific method. Together, they form the building blocks of a new collaborative infrastructure to make scientific discovery easier by design.”
- Slacker Uprising by Michael Moore
- Small Car Society
- Small House Society
- Super Efficiency Upsourcing Cost Effectiveness in Virtual Organizations and Businesses for a Zero Monetized Society
- The Story of Stuff – Exploring a dysfunctional model for production, delivery, consumption, and disposal.
- The True Enemy is War Itself – “The conflicting ideologies of the captain and the executive officer in the movie Crimson Tide are revealed early on in the film (from 20:40 to 24:13).”
- The Urgency of Global Feminism
- The Urgency of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights
- The Urgency of Youth Representation, Action, and Activism in World Democracy
- World of Good at eBay – Products that are ethically responsible with regard to labor, the environment, animals, and supporting social causes.
- World PROUT Assembly – “PROUT stands for PROgressive UTilization Theory. It means, the progressive utilization and rational distribution of all the earth’s natural resources.”
Faith and Activism. Most religions include as a central tenant the concept of social action, social change, and healing the world. People from all generations, and numerous religions have found a connection between faith and activism. Faith can provide the hope, courage, strength, and determination required to contribute toward positive change in the world. Below is an excerpt from the Tanya.
ולכן אמרו רבותינו ז״ל במדרש: ראה הקדוש ברוך הוא בצדיקים שהם מועטים, עמד
ושתלן ככל דור ודור
“The Almighty saw that the righteous were few, so He arose and planted them in every generation.” Tanya 1:25-26