The following list of support hotlines was obtained and updated using a variety of sources online. The suicide prevention hotline is at the top for immediate support. We’re in the process of updating this list to ensure it is current.
Suicide Prevention Lifeline
24-hour, toll-free, confidential suicide prevention hotline available to anyone in suicidal crisis or emotional distress. Your call is routed to the nearest crisis center in the national network of more than 150 crisis centers.
SAMHSA’s National Helpline
Also known as, the Treatment Referral Routing Service, this Helpline provides 24-hour free and confidential treatment referral and information about mental and/or substance use disorders, prevention, and recovery in English and Spanish.
National Crisis and Support Hotlines
- Adolescent Crisis Intervention & Counseling Nineline 1-800-999-9999. Covenant House’s hotline for teens needing to talk about any subject including, but not limited to, suicide, drugs, alcohol, sex, bullying, and human trafficking. Open 4-8 p.m. EST, seven days a week.
- Abortion Information 800-772-9100. For unbiased information about abortion and about other resources, including financial assistance. The NAF Hotline is available to answer any questions you may have about abortion, unintended pregnancy, or related issues. The Hotline is free, completely anonymous, and offers services to everyone, regardless of their individual situation.
- Post-Abortion Project Rachel 1-800-5WE-CARE. Project Rachel is the post-abortion healing ministry of the Catholic Church. It was founded in 1984 in the Archdiocese of Milwaukee by Vicki Thorn. At this time, Project Rachel is in more than 110 diocese in the United States with more ministries forming.
- AIDS Treatment Information Services 1-800-HIV-0440 (1-800-448-0440). Health information specialists provide customized, confidential answers to your questions about HIV/AIDS clinical trials and treatment. Please do not disclose personal medical or sensitive information.
- AIDS National Hotline 1-800-342-2437. Phone number provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Al-Anon/Alateen Hotline 1-800-344-2666. Hope & Help for young people who are the relatives & friends of a problem drinker.
- Al-Anon Family Group Headquarters 1-800-356-9996. Al‑Anon is a mutual support group. Everyone at the meeting shares as an equal. No one is in a position to give advice or direction to anyone else. Everyone at the meeting has experienced a problem with someone else’s drinking. [web]
- Alcohol/Drug Abuse Hotline 1-800-662-HELP. SAMHSA’s National Helpline, 1-800-662-HELP (4357),(also known as the Treatment Referral Routing Service) is a confidential, free, 24-hour-a-day, 365-day-a-year, information service, in English and Spanish, for individuals and family members facing mental and/or substance use disorders. This service provides referrals to local treatment facilities, support groups, and community-based organizations. Callers can also order free publications and other information.
- Abortion Federation – National (USA) 1-800-772-9100
- Be Sober Hotline 1-800-BE-SOBER
- Birthright 1-800-550-4900
- Boys Town National Hotline 1-800-448-3000
- Care Net 1-800-395-HELP(4357)
- Center for the Prevention of School Violence 1-800-299-6504
- Centers for Disease Control AIDS Info 1-800-342-2437
- CHADD-Children & Adults with Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder 1-800-233-4050
- Child Abuse Free Hotlines 1-800-4-A-CHILD (1-800-422-4453)
- Children of the World – (if you want to adopt a child) 973-239-0100
- Cocaine Help Line 1-800-COCAINE (1-800-262-2463)
- 24 Hour Cocaine Hotline 1-800-992-9239
- Covenant House Nineline 1-800-999-9999
- Domestic Violence Hotline 1-800-799-SAFE (1-800-799-7233)
- Domestic Violence Hotline 1-800-548-2722
- Domestic Violence Hotline in the US 800-799-7233
- Domestic Violence Hotline/Child Abuse 800-4-A-CHILD (800 422 4453)
- National Resource Center on Domestic Violence 1-800-537-2238
- Drug Help National Helplines 1-800-378-4435
- Eating Disorders Awareness and Prevention 1-800-931-2237 (Hours: 8am-noon daily, PT)
- Eating Disorders Center 1-888-236-1188
- Ecstasy Addiction 1-800-468-6933
- Emergency Contraception Information 1-888-NOT-2-LATE (1-888-668-2528)
- Family Violence Prevention Center 1-800-313-1310
- Food Addiction 1-800-841-1515
- Gay & Lesbian National Hotline 1-888-THE-GLNH (1-888-843-4564)
- Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender (GLBT) Youth Support Line 800-850-8078
- Gay & Transgender Hate Crime Hotline 1-800-616-HATE
- Headache Foundation 1-800-843-2256
- Healing Woman Foundation (Abuse) 1-800-477-4111
- Help Finding a Therapist 1-800-THERAPIST (1-800-843-7274)
- Herpes Resource Center 1-800-230-6039
- Homeless/Runaway National Runaway Hotline 800-231-6946
- Incest Awareness Foundation 1-888 -547-3222
- Independent Adoption Center 1-800-877-6736 (Hours: 9am – 5pm PT)
- Learning Disabilities – (National Center For) 1-888-575-7373
- Lyme Disease Hotline 1-800-886-LYME (1-800-886-5963)
- Marijuana Anonymous 1-800-766-6779
- Mental Health InfoSource 1-800-447-4474
- Missing & Exploited Children Hotline 1-800-843-5678
- Mothers Against Drunk Drivers 1-800-438-MADD (1-800-438-6233)
- National Abortion Federation Hotline 1-800-772-9100
- National Adoption Center 1-877-648-4400
- National Adolescent Suicide Hotline 800-621-4000
- National Association for Children of Alcoholics 1-888-55-4COAS (1-888-554-2627)
- National Child Abuse Hotline 1-800-422-4453
- National Domestic Violence Hotline 1-800-799-SAFE (1-800-799-7233)
- National Drug Abuse Hotline 1-800-662-HELP (1-800-662-4357)
- National Hotline for Missing & Exploited Children 1-800-843-5678
- National Inhalant Prevention Coalition 1-800-269-4327
- National Institute on Drug Abuse & Alcoholism 1-888-644-6432
- National Institute of Mental Health 1-888-ANXIETY (1-888-269-4389)
- National Mental Health Association 1-800-969-6642
- National Office of Post Abortion Trauma 1-800-593-2273
- National Runaway Switchboard and Suicide Hotline 1-800-621-4000
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK
- National STD Hotline 1-800-227-8922
- National Teen Dating Abuse Help 1-866-331-9474
- National Youth Crisis Hotline 1-800-448-4663
- National Victim Center 1-800-FYI-CALL (1-800-394-2255)
- Panic Disorder Information Hotline 800-64-PANIC
- People Against Rape 1-800-877-7252
- Pet Loss Support Hotline – Grief Counseling Hotline Iowa State Univ. College of Veterinary Medicine 1-888-ISU-PLSH (1-888-478-7574)
- SAMHSA’s National Helpline, 1-800-662-HELP (4357),(also known as the Treatment Referral Routing Service) is a confidential, free, 24-hour-a-day, 365-day-a-year, information service, in English and Spanish, for individuals and family members facing mental and/or substance use disorders. This service provides referrals to local treatment facilities, support groups, and community-based organizations. Callers can also order free publications and other information.
- Suicide Prevention – Free Hotline: 1-800-SUICIDE; 1-800-784-2433.