Many people take time to think about and reflect upon their career when looking for a new job. In recent years, the process of finding employment has become increasingly automated. We now provide links to a long list of online career and job services. Here’s how to get started.
- Learn about the available online services and also try to discover services in your area.
- Pick a few services that you want to use.
- Polish up your resume and use the guidelines suggested by the service provider(s) you’ve selected.
- Begin to regularly use the services you have decided to work with. This will involve an ongoing process of contacting employers and sending out resumes.
- Continue this process. Don’t get discouraged if you don’t find something right away. Some employers advertise jobs that don’t exist just to collect resumes. Other job listings are for jobs for which someone is already lined up to take the position, but for legal/political reasons the business/organization advertises the position anyway. If you are patient and persistent, the search will pay off.
Don’t Wait. Some people remain unemployed for months or years of instability while they dream of finding the ‘perfect’ job like someone hoping to win the lottery. Most people are better off finding some form of employment just to keep busy, motivated, and have an income. You can send out resumes on weekends and evenings. Or, find a job that offers odd-hours such as 2nd shift work, evening work, or weekend work. This way you can still have a solid income and have time during the week for job searching and interviews.
* * *
Choose Your Advertising. The topical advertising links below are provided by Google AdSense. In providing these links, we give our site visitors the option to view advertising or not. We don’t necessarily endorse the advertisers generated by these links, but they are supposed to be context relevant and for that reason you might find them helpful. These links will take you away from our site if you don’t right click and choose to open them in a new window or tab. We’re currently experimenting with this form of advertising. Let us know if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions. In particular, if you find advertisers listed here that are offensive or misleading, contact us and we’ll have them blocked. Our filtering of ads ensures you get the most useful advertising possible. Click on a topical link below to view a page of ads related to that topic.