There are a number of companies that offer products shipped to your door. While this isn’t very different from what Amazon has been doing for years, the one thing that is different is the packaging. Instead of getting a typical cardboard shipping box, you get something that looks more like a fancy care package. Some of these are marketed as ‘gift of the month‘ clubs that send you beer, cheese, wine, or other delicacies.
Here are a few examples:
- DollarShaveClub.com – “Dollar Shave Club couldn’t be simpler. Select one of our great blades, pay only for the cost of your blades, and we send ’em right to your door every month.”
- HomeChef.com – “Select your dietary preferences then choose your meals and your delivery day. With eight new recipes available each week, we cater to a wide variety of tastes. We source fresh, local ingredients, and deliver them to you every week. We save you time and curate quality food from top suppliers, precisely portioned for each recipe. Receive fresh ingredients and visual, step-by-step recipe cards on your selected delivery day every week. Cook like a seasoned chef in your own kitchen with ease.”
- LegacyBox.com – “Fill your Legacybox, ship it free, & receive DVDs with digital copies of all your outdated home movies and pictures.”
- NatureBox.com – “We thoughtfully source only the highest quality ingredients to craft deliciously distinctive snacks you can only find at NatureBox.”
- PillPack.com – Delivers clearly labeled medication dosage packets that contain all of your medications to be taken at their prescribed times. “We simplify the process of managing medications through a combination of convenient packaging, modern technology, and personalized service.”
- TryTheWorld.com – “At Try The World, we believe that food is one of the greatest way to discover new cultures. Discovering new lifestyles and new countries is what broadens our horizons and makes us who we are. So we created Try The World, the first service that lets you discover the best gourmet food and cultural finds from across the globe, delivered right to your door!”