ResourcesForLife.com – News 201702 | 12 February 2017 | Sunday
I hope you’re doing well. Welcome to the February newsletter. In addition to the featured content mentioned below, there are two main items that I’d like to highlight this month:
- Inspiring Advertising. I’ve long had an interest in inspiring and unique advertising, and posted noteworthy ads to my site. This month I’ve created a page dedicated to commercials that inspire.
- SSL Encryption. As of this month the ResourcesForLife.com website now has SSL encryption. That means your connection to the site is verified and secure.
- Iowa Public Radio. We now support Iowa Public Radio with a sustaining gift and for IPR Membercard holders, we have special offers and discounts. Find out more.
Over the past couple of weeks since the January newsletter, there’s been some great new content added to the website. Here are a few featured posts that I think have broad appeal:
- Inspiring Advertising – This is a page where I’m featuring some of the inspiring advertising posts since 2010. This page is automatically updated with any new posts on the site that are marked with the category inspiring advertising so it’s maintained automatically for me.
- ResourcesForLife.com is Now SSL Protected for Privacy and Security (11 Feb 2017)
- WEB DESIGN – Adventures in SSL Encryption Certificates and Site Security (11 Feb 2017)
- “We Accept” – Airbnb Super Bowl 2017 Commercial – Diversity and Inclusion (7 Feb 2017)
- “Hero’s Journey” Kia Niro Commercial Starring Melissa McCarthy – 2017 Super Bowl (6 Feb 2017) This is a funny ad with Melissa McCarthy.
- Inspiring Budweiser 2017 Super Bowl Commercial “Born The Hard Way” (6 Feb 2017) A great dramatization of how Adolphus Busch met Eberhard Anheuser and the two ended up founding Anheuser-Busch.
- This Ad Has Had Over 3 Million Views in 24 Hours – “The Entire Journey” by 84 Lumber (6 Feb 2017) It’s been about one week since that video was posted to YouTube and it now has over 10 million views.
- POLITICS – Transcending the Party Divide (4 Feb 2017) This is a very encouraging interview and discussion that includes two Iowa legislators from ‘opposing’ political parties, who learned that more is achieved through collaboration than competition.
- Movies About Expanded Human Potential (3 Feb 2017) This is a list of intriguing movies depicting people with exceptional intellect or sensory abilities. Some are based on true stories.
- Dave Rubin and Glenn Beck – Common Ground Issues – 40 Years of Broadcasting – 3 Part Interview – 1 Feb 2017 (3 Feb 2017) This is an important example of an emerging news format that combines people with different viewpoints having respectful and attentive conversations.
- News Media – Source Bias Map (3 Feb 2017) “Are you getting a ‘balanced diet’ in the news you consume? Consuming news from a few diverse sources helps give you a broader understanding of what’s going on, and what news will likely to be influencing others you interact with.”
- “Daughter” Audi Super Bowl Commercial – Soap Box Derby (1 Feb 2017) Great ad about empowering women.
- Tennessee to Expand Tuition-Free College Program (1 Feb 2017) Inspiring article about how investing in education is strengthening the Tennessee economy.
- “All That We Share” – Powerful Inspiring Video Showing What the People of Denmark (and the World) Have in Common (31 Jan 2017)
This month’s Heart Songs selection is “What Do You Love” (featuring Jacob Banks) by Seeb. A music video version is below. Note: There may be advertising preceding the videos that’s outside my control — it’s determined by YouTube and the user who uploaded the videos. Click the small red ‘x’ at the top right of any ads to close them.
Thanks. I want to thank the global team of volunteers, contributors, and workers “behind the scenes” who help make all this possible. I’m very grateful to the many people who continue to uphold and advance the mission of Resources for Life. Thanks again for your support. Please let me know if there is any way that Resources for Life can serve you better.
Greg Johnson, Director
“Resources for Better Living”
E-Mail: g @ resourcesforlife.com (without spaces)
Postal: PO Box 2717, Iowa City, IA 52244-2717 USA
Phone: (319) 621-4911
Monthly Newsletter: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/resourcesforlifenews/
Subscribe. Enter your email address below and click the Join Now button to be notified when the latest ResourcesForLife.com newsletter is available.
Copyright & License Notification. Until a better system is found or developed, this content and information on the Resources for Life website will be governed by the spirit and intent of the Creative Commons ‘BYSA 3.0’ license. This license provides for the rapid dissemination and adoption of information and concepts without restricting flow and by guaranteeing unrestricted flow down stream even after third-party enhancements or revisions are made. This license is described in more detail here:
Open Source. The writings, systems, content, media (video/audio), and inventions developed under the Resources for Life name are to be governed by the spirit and intent of the Open Source license agreement described here:
Transparency and Collaboration. To the greatest extent possible, every effort is made to maintain transparency in our operation. This allows for more effective public engagement, involvement, and collaboration.