Summary. Blue Planet Green Living and Organic Green and Natural are two names for the same internet destination offering a wealth of information and resources for those needing practical solutions to living green in a purposeful and economical way.
Video. We’ve created a video tour of the Blue Planet Green Living website. Once the video starts playing, if there is an HQ (high quality) option, you can click on that for better video and sound quality.
About. From the about page: “This site is brought to you by a couple of marketing specialists who love our planet and its inhabitants. We’re on a quest to find organic, green, and natural products as well as services that support a healthy environment. As BPGL grows, we’ll be building a road map to guide you through the maze of websites and introduce you to earth-friendly businesses and people that we believe in.” The website covers a wide range of topics such as small living, alternative energy, and profiles of people who are living examples of the green lifestyle.
What’s New. Below are selected news stories and updates on the BPGL website. These article excerpts offer an insight into the diversity of material on the site.
- Blue Planet Green Shopping. The online shopping area has just launched at Blue Planet Green Living and it’s really worth checking out. (20090412su1851)
- Notes from India: Clean Lucknow, Green Lucknow by Makur Jain. “I’ve spent my entire life in India, but have yet to see a trashcan anywhere on the streets. I guess that’s the reason why there’s a big pile of garbage at most street corners, especially in the residential areas. In some locations, however, the government hires street sweepers to clean the streets of garbage.” [More]
- A New Alchemy: Turning Heat into Power, 4 December 2008 by Joe Hennager. “Look at the sky over any city or town on a winter day. See those columns of steam or smoke rising from the chimneys? What you’re looking at is wasted energy. Amazingly, at least 56% of the energy produced in the U.S. is wasted. It escapes as heat, radiating out of boilers, leaking through the roofs of power plants, and billowing out of smoke stacks and steam pipes.” [More]
- Pursuing the Dream of a Sustainable Life, 21 November 2008 by Julia Wasson. “At 9:00 on a brisk autumn morning in rural Illinois, Jill Schutts and her son, Ely, bundle up and trek from their old farmhouse to the out buildings. While Schutts takes Joe on a tour of the hen house and feeds their small flock of free-range hens, Ely takes me to the barnyard to meet the other livestock. For this family, living sustainably is far more than a platitude; it’s a habit of daily life. Goats — five of them — take quick strides to the gate, where Ely directs traffic like a cop on a street corner.” [More]
- Living Small Yields Big Benefits, October 26, 2008 by Julia Wasson. “Use the word ‘downsize’ with most folks, and they might picture moving from a two-story house to a bungalow or apartment. But Gregory Johnson, co-founder of the Small House Society, gives downsizing an entirely new meaning. Johnson’s Iowa City, Iowa, home is only 140 sq. ft. That’s less than one-tenth the size of his previous dwelling. Those accustomed to a full-size house might find it a bit cramped, but, for Johnson, it’s a perfect fit.” [More]
- BluePlanetRun.org – “Blue Planet Run Foundation is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization dedicated to raising global awareness about the lack of safe drinking water, and funding working solutions today for the billion people living without ready access to this life sustaining resource.”
- BluePlanetSummit.org – “The Blue Planet Foundation is working to accelerate the solutions, policies, and behaviors necessary to end the use of carbon-based fuels on Earth. Our initial focus is weaning Hawaii from its $6 billion per year fossil fuel addiction. We’re doing this by building a clean energy movement in Hawaii, helping shape new laws and policies for our clean energy future, and implementing programs to equip residents with the tools they need to reduce energy use.”
- Discovery Channel Blue Planet – Website | Purchase Videos