Summary. The Free Download Manager utility program is helpful because it allows users on a slower connection to download larger files with greater ease. If the connection is dropped, the download can continue at a later time where it left off rather than from the beginning. If the website requires a login, you will need to login at the site and also enter the login information in the Free Download Manager program as described here:
- The download automatically starts upon request.
- The Free Download Manager will start automatically and show the progress of the download.
- Right-click on the download.
- Choose properties, general, login required, under the URL, provide username and password, click okay.
- Return to the main window of the Free Download Manager. Left click on your download and then click the round green button with a white triangle in it to begin the download.