Summary. Quite frequently users have trouble sending e-mail attachments. The process is different depending on the e-mail program or service being used.
Solution. The general process is typically five steps:
- Create a new e-mail by clicking on “new” or “compose”, address it, provide a subject, and type a short message
- click on the “Attach” or “Attach Files” or the paperclip icon/button
- depending on the program in use, you may see a list of file descriptions such as File 1, File 2, File 3 and then buttons to “Choose File” or “Browse” to find the file on your computer. You will need to find and select the file you want uploaded. Then it will be listed as a desired attachment.
- Once the file has been selected and is now listed as a desired attachment, it is common for online webmail programs to have you press a button like “Update” or “Attach Files” one last time to upload the file or files selected.
- Finally, send your message as you usually would.
The Yahoo Instructions for sending e-mail message attachments can be a helpful introduction to how most web-based systems work.