ResourcesForLife.com – News 200904 | 30 April 2009 | Thursday
I know that time is precious for everyone these days, so I’ll try to keep this update short. The approximate reading time for this message is about 4 minutes. Feel free to reduce your reading time even more by skipping over topics that don’t interest you.
Personal Update. My Personal Update for April is now available.
Keynote Presentation on Simple Living. On 2 April 2009, at a conference on Temperance at Viterbo University, in La Crosse, Wisconsin, I delivered the keynote presentation on the topic of simple and small living. A complete video of the presentation (1 hour of presentation and 20 minutes of questions and answers) is available for viewing on Blip.tv and Vimeo.com. [More]
What’s New. Recently added pages to the site include (in order with the most recent first):
- Paper Heart – Film|Movie Selection for April 2009 – Trailer and Review. The ResourcesForLife.com Film / Movie selection for April 2009 is Paper Heart. (20090430th2355)
- Building Green – Environmentally Friendly Home Construction. In this Earth Day edition of ResourcesForLife.com television we take a tour of an environmentally friendly home build by DPO Construction LC. (20090430th2353)
- Heart Songs 200904 – By My Side. The April 2009 Heart Songs selections are now available. (20090430th2348)
- The Tiny Mobile Hermitage Small House for Sale!. This amazing small house is now available for sale. (20090430th2348)
- Small House Society News 200904. The Small House Society News for April 2009 is now available. (20090430th2348)
- Personal Update 200904. The Personal Update from Gregory Johnson for April 2009 is now available. (20090430th2348)
- Paper Heart – Film|Movie Selection for April 2009 – Trailer and Review. The ResourcesForLife.com Film / Movie selection for April 2009 is Paper Heart. (20090430th2048)
- ShopToEarn ShopToEarth – Is it a legitimate business or a scam and consumer fraud?. This is a helpful video for those concerned about ShopToEarth ShopToEarn. (20090430th2348)
- ResourcesForLife.com Television. We’re now broadcasting our video materials to three video distribution websites: Blip.tv, Vimeo.com, YouTube.com. (20090430th2342)
- Olympus VN-5200PC Digial Audio Voice Recorder. There is now an information page and instructional video for the Olympus VN-5200PC Digial Audio Voice Recorder. (20090417fr2038)
- Simple Living and Temperance Video. Video is now available of the keynote presentation by Gregory Johnson on simple living and temperance. (20090417fr0741)
- Site Changes. The Housing link in the top navigation has been removed. (20090417fr0741)
- Diamondback Hybrid Bicycle Review Video. The Diamondback bicycle review page now has a 10 minute video about the bicycle and some of the accessories you’ll want to use for year-round commuting. (20090412su2058)
- Blue Planet Green Living. Our information page on Blue Planet Green Living now has a review of the BPGL website. (20090412su2057)
- Site Changes. The Housing link in the top navigation replaces the Small House Society link. The What’s New link is now simply New. (20090412su2056)
- Simple Living and Temperance. On 2 April 2009, Gregory Johnson delivered a presentation in La Crosse on the topic of simple living and temperance at the Virtues Conference on Temperance at Viterbo University. To hear the presentation as well as questions and answers (1 hr 21m), visit the audio page or right click here and choose save (37.3 MB). A video of the speech is also available (requires high speed connection and free QuickTime). About Viterbo University: “Founded by the Franciscan Sisters of Perpetual Adoration in 1890, Viterbo remains committed to its Catholic Franciscan values and its mission to provide each student with a quality liberal arts education rooted in the values of human dignity and respect for the world.”
- Virtual Meeting Center. Today ResourcesForLife.com launched a Virtual Meeting Center for conferences, workshops, training, seminars, meetings, presentations, and remote computer support. (20090331tu1658)
Thanks. I want to thank the global team of volunteers , contributors, and workers “behind the scenes” who help make all this possible. I’m very grateful to the many people who continue to uphold and advance the mission of Resources for Life. Thanks again for your support. Please let me know if there is any way that Resources for Life can serve you better.
Gregory Johnson, Director
Resources for Life.com
“Resources for Better Living”
E-Mail: g @ resourcesforlife.com (without spaces)
Postal: PO Box 2717, Iowa City, IA 52244-2717 USA
Phone: (319) 621-4911
Newsletter Subscribe. Subscribe to the monthly newsletter by sending a blank e-mail to:
Newsletter Unsubscribe. To unsubscribe from this newsletter, send a blank e-mail to:
Copyright & License Notification. Until a better system is found or developed, this content and information on the Resources for Life website will be governed by the spirit and intent of the Creative Commons ‘BYSA 3.0’ license. This license provides for the rapid dissemination and adoption of information and concepts without restricting flow and by guaranteeing unrestricted flow down stream even after third-party enhancements or revisions are made. This license is described in more detail here:
Open Source. The writings, systems, content, media (video/audio), and inventions developed under the Resources for Life name are to be governed by the spirit and intent of the Open Source license agreement described here:
Transparency and Collaboration. To the greatest extent possible, every effort is made to maintain transparency in our operation. This allows for more effective public engagement, involvement, and collaboration.
* * *
Choose Your Advertising. The topical advertising links below are provided by Google AdSense. In providing these links, we give our site visitors the option to view advertising or not. We don’t necessarily endorse the advertisers generated by these links, but they are supposed to be context relevant and for that reason you might find them helpful. These links will take you away from our site if you don’t right click and choose to open them in a new window or tab. We’re currently experimenting with this form of advertising. Let us know if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions. In particular, if you find advertisers listed here that are offensive or misleading, contact us and we’ll have them blocked. Our filtering of ads ensures you get the most useful advertising possible. Click on a topical link below to view a page of ads related to that topic.