The following portable scanning system features the ability to scan printed photos, slides, and negatives. While it’s referred to as ‘portable’ a more accurate description would be transportable — because the equipment needs AC power.
Hardware – From Amazon
- Brother MFCJ6920DW Wireless Multifunction Inkjet Printer, Copier, Fax, and 11×17″ Scanner ($457)
- Provides scanning capabilities for oversized documents and books.
- Epson Perfection V600 Color Photo, Image, Film, Negative & Document Scanner ($210)
- Provides exceptional scanning of photos, slides, and other media.
- Canon SELPHY CP1300 Wireless Compact Photo Printer with AirPrint ($130)
- Provides high quality photo printing for 4×6″ prints
- Laptop Computer with DVD Writing – HP 15.6″ HD Touchscreen Notebook (2018 Newest), Latest 8th Gen Intel Core i7-8550U Processor up to 4.00 GHz, 8GB DDR4, 256 GB M.2 SSD, DVD RW, Webcam, Bluetooth, Windows 10 Home ($740)
- This laptop system has DVD writing capabilities and would work well for photo and video editing.