Course Summary. This is a distance education online course with a workshop format. In the course, we explore the use of creativity for more effective activism and desired social, economic, political, and cultural outcomes.
Registration. To register for the course, please use our contact form. Because some of the course content and presentation takes place in our Webex virtual meeting center, you’ll need a high-speed Internet connection to take this course.
Syllabus and Assignments. Assignments will be presented here in the order they are due.
- Assignment #1. Watch the video If Today Was Your Last Day by Nickelback, and then develop a short written statement describing an activity, event, street performance, art, or similar actions, that would have a positive impact in the world. Other examples of Pay-it-Forward thinking can be found here:
- The Fun Theory (advertising campaign)
- Heifer International (charitable organization)
- Inspirational Coke Commercial “Give a Little Love” Advertisement Video (advertisement)
- Renewal of the Barn Raising Tradition (article)
- Send Your Love by Sting – Example of Pay it Forward Thinking – Music Video, Lyrics, and Streaming Audio Song Player (music video)
- Assignment #2. In the first assignment, you are asked to develop a plan. In this second assignment, you are going to put your plan into action. Your performance or activity should be video recorded and submitted.
- Assignment #3. In this assignment, you will critique the projects of fellow classmates and offer praise as well as suggestions for improvement. We will be meeting in the online virtual meeting center, looking at submitted projects, and discussing them as a group. This may span over several weeks since we won’t look at all projects in one session.
- Assignment #4. Based on the feedback you received during assignment #3, revise and relaunch your project, video tape the improved version, and be prepared to submit it in Assignment #5.