If you’ve purchased the CVS Bluetooth Glucose meter/tester and are using the AgaMatrix software on your smartphone, you may at some point have a problem where the app stops communicating with the meter.
From the app menu (the three lines in the top left) you can find the Meters page. Your tester/meter should be listed on that page. With the tester turned on, try tapping on where it is listed on your smartphone screen. This should start a synchronization.
If it still doesn’t communicate, then try the following steps:
- From the AgaMarix app menu (the three lines in the top left) go to the Meters page.
- Swipe left on the meter listed on that page.
- Go to your smartphone’s bluetooth devices list. This is usually found in Settings for iPhone or Android devices. On iPhone, tap the ‘i’ to the right of the Bluetooth device name. It will be listed as CVS_HEALTH. Choose Forget This Device to remove it as a saved device.
- Go back to the AgaMatrix app. On the Meters page and tap on Add a new meter.
- On your meter, you will need to push and hold the power button until the Bluetooth icon appears.
- You may get a message stating that you didn’t enter in the pairing code correctly – even if you’ve never seen a pairing code and weren’t given an opportunity to enter it. When this happens, just go back again and attempt to add a meter again. You may want to start with the meter by pressing and holding the power button until the Bluetooth icon shows, then choose Add a new meter in the app.
- A 6-digit code should show up on your meter, and in the app you should see a prompt to enter that pairing code. This should work and your meter should be connected to the app again.
If you have further questions, feel free to post them below as a comment, or you can call the toll-free support line printed on the back of your meter. It should be 800-895-2430. Thanks.
Years ago, CVS was one of the first companies to make low cost glucose test strips available for about 20 cents per strip while other manufacturers are still charging $1.50 per strip or more.