Summary. Here’s a recipe for making your own home-made fruit yogurt. It is a great alternative to ice cream or other sweet snacks.
Ingredients. The ingredients list is simple. You’ll need plain no-fat yogurt and the fruit spread preserves of your choice. Fruit spreads, such as Polaner All Fruit, are available that are all fruit sweetened and do not use sugar or corn syrup. You might also want to include some fresh fruit.
Directions. Mix plain yogurt in a bowl with your choice of fruit spread preserves using a spoon, fork, or hand mixer. Include some fresh cut fruit if desired. For a delicious yogurt smoothie, just add a little juice for the desired consistency.
Benefits. The benefits of making your own fruit yogurt are:
- Make it as sweet or non-sweet as you like
- Mix different fruit flavors if desired
- Avoid using refined sugar or artificial sweeteners
- Make as much or as little as you like
- It can be less expensive depending on the cost of your ingredients choices
- Yogurt contains calcium