SEO Services. Although some services promise to offer specialized marketing and search engine optimization, often their attempts to trick search engines fail. This results in sites being black listed, or only having high rankings for short periods of time. Buying one’s way to the top and staying there requires an ongoing expenses.
Long-Term Solutions. The suggestions and guidelines below will provide you with a quality website and long-term results.
- Definition Links. Unless you use endnotes with your writing, many words, statements, and phrases could benefit from being expanded upon or better explained. When you include links from words in your writing, it helps search engines know what’s being written about. The word apple could refer to a computer or a fruit. A link from the word apple to an appropriate definition on Wikipedia or to the Apple.com website helps the search engine know which apple you’re talking about.
- Keyword Dense Page Address. When possible, let the web page address (URL) contain keywords as well.
- Keyword Dense Page Title. Use keyword dense content page titles that convey the meaning of your page using multiple words people might be searching on.
- Keyword Dense Writing. A good writer might use a thesaurus to ensure that their writing isn’t repeatedly using the same words. In the same way, keyword-dense sentence structure is both interesting to the reader, and also more relevant to a search engine.
- Links From Similar Pages/Sites. Relevant links from other sites or pages can also be helpful for the reason explained above. Links from articles and sites to your article and site help search engines figure out what you’re about.
- Media Rich. Possibly ignored by search engines, but important to site visitors is the practice of creating media-rich content that includes photos, video, audio, and text.
- Topic Links. Relevant links to other sites can be very helpful for the reader, and also for a search engine to determine what your page is about. So, in addition to having specific words or phrases linked to meanings, it’s useful to just link to other articles or websites that relate to what your page is about.
- Quality Content. Creating archival quality, unique, demanded content is essential to having a quality, unique, and demanded site. Search engines (and people) are looking for originality. Archival quality content means providing something that will be relevant and in demand well into the future.
- Quantity Content. It’s important to continue creating content for your site. The more content you have on a diversity of topics, the more likely it is that people will find you.
- Updated Content. Providing regular updates with fresh content can be helpful in encouraging repeat visits to your site. Frequent updates and new content also lets search engines know that your site is active.
Purpose. Ultimately one needs to define their goal and purpose for having a website. That goal will guide your content creation. Below are some reasons for having a website:
- just for fun
- share opinions, ideas, photography, music, videos
- promote a cause
- generate public awareness about an organization
- advertise your business
- self promotion
- book sales
- ego inflation (as site recognition increases so does the ego)