Date: Monday September 26, 2011
Time: 6:00 PM – 7:30 PM
Location: Iowa City Public Library. Click here for the ICPL Website Event Page.
Summary. In presentation format, small group, and/or one-on-one support, this special interactive forum and workshop will cover a variety of topics based on the desires and needs of those who attend — offering 90 minutes of free training and consulting from Greg Johnson of ResourcesForLife.com.
Video Review. Below is a video review of the information that was covered in the workshop.
Audio. Below are audio clips from the workshop, including some follow-up sessions. Click on a link to open the audio file in your browser or audio player. Note that part 3 of 3 was finished abruptly because the OpenOffice.org download was not completing properly.
- Part 1 of 3 (approximately 73 minutes / 70 MB)
- Part 2 of 3 (approximately 38 minutes / 37 MB)
- Part 3 of 3 (approximately 3 minutes / 2.6 MB)
Details. Here are the main points you’ll want to know before planning to attend.
- Your Questions. Questions sent in advance by email from those who plan to attend are appreciated, and will help plan our agenda.
- Your Stuff. Feel free to bring your own photo camera, video camera, laptop computer, or other portable electronic devices.
- Your Support. Support provided and topics covered will be first come first serve.
- Our Focus. Meetings will focus on helping non-profits, community organizations, small business owners, entrepreneurs, seniors, and students — but anyone is welcome.
What’s Covered. Available topics and areas of support are:
- computer repair
- computer recycling
- computer upgrades
- cleaning up viruses
- making computers more secure
- creating a blog
- website creation
- using WordPress
- using social networks like Facebook or Twitter to promote your organization or business
- using PayPal to collect payments or donations
- using digital photo cameras
- editing photos
- sharing photos online
- using digital video cameras
- editing videos
- sharing videos online
- how to purchase the right computer for your needs
- using Apple computers
- using Apple iLife software (iMovie, iDVD, and GarageBand)
- using Apple iWork (Pages, Numbers, and Keynote)
- using Apple essential third-party programs
- using Microsoft Windows 7
- using Microsoft Word
- using Microsoft PowerPoint
- using Microsoft Excel
- and more!