Summary. Egg Salad Sandwiches are typically made with eggs and mayonnaise. A flavorful alternative is to use Newman’s Own Ranch Dressing instead of mayonnaise. Unlike other Ranch Dressing brands, Newman’s Own Ranch Dressing does not use Monosodium Glutamate (MSG).
- Bread – whole grain bread
- Eggs – free range organic eggs such as Farmers Hen House Organic Eggs from Kalona Organics
- Lettuce (optional)
- Mustard (optional)
- Newman’s Own Ranch Dressing
- Onion (optional)
- Pepper (optional)
- Pickle Relish (optional)
- Salt (optional)
- Tomato (optional)
- Boil the eggs in water for 3 to 5 minutes until they are hard boiled eggs.
- Run cold water over the eggs to cool them down and then remove the shells.
- Use a fork to “blend” the egg whites and yokes together. This will create small pieces of egg.
- Mix in some Newman’s Own Ranch Dressing until the desired consistency and flavor are reached. Continue using the fork to blend the ingredients.
- Add mustard, pickle relish, salt, pepper, and any other spices or ingredients until the desired flavor is attained. Continue using the fork to blend the ingredients until done.
- Spread the egg salad between two slices of bread and serve. If desired, a slice of tomato, onion, and/or some lettuce can be placed on the sandwich as well.
* Nutritional Note. Eggs are considered by some people to be a high cholesterol food and for this reason they are avoided. Additionally, some people are concerned about using animal products in the diet for a variety of reasons.