Summary. AirDrop is a new automatic and self-discovering peer-to-peer wireless file sharing feature in Apple OSX Lion.
Apple’s website explains how to use AirDrop — it’s as simple and clicking and dragging a file from one computer to another.
Because AirDrop is unique to Apple, it only works in some newer Apple computers:
- MacBook Pro (Late 2008 or newer)
- MacBook Air (Late 2010 or newer)
- MacBook (Late 2008 or newer)
- iMac (Early 2009 or newer)
- Mac mini (Mid 2010 or newer)
- Mac Pro (Early 2009 with AirPort Extreme card, or Mid 2010)