For about seven years, the first and most important communication I would send out each month would be a personal update covering seven areas of life described on the Map Page. I reference this monthly practice in my Schedule for Life. Over the years, my personal updates went out each month to about 10 family members and friends who I consider to be my “advisory board.” As of September 2007, I began putting these monthly updates online in my online Journal. The seven areas of my personal life have solidified in recent years, so there’s not much “news” to report, but as there is, I’ll report it here in these updates and also through my online journal. As you’ll read below, it’s been a very busy month, so this month’s update is 29 days late.
- Lifeways. My religious practice continues to be defined as Adonaikido. However, in recent months my life has become so simplified that my daily practice consists of a quiet meditation, and expanding in the other areas of life described below.
- Health. Every day, I use a Tanita InnerScan Body Composition scale to check my percent body fat, bone density, and other measurements. The scale will calculate metabolic age. It is very accurate and can usually “guess” a person’s age fairly accurately based on their body composition. Over the past few years, I was able to get my age down from the mid 30s to about 20 years old using the powerful age reversing capabilities of the Holistic Living System and the Everything Diet. Over the past few months, I’ve been slacking off my own life system and living the way everyone else lives with regard to food, sleep, exercise, transportation, housing, and other things. I awoke this morning feeling about 10 years older. When I got on the scale, it said I was 32 years old. It reminded me of that scene from the movie Big with Tom Hanks when he got up one morning to find that he had aged about 10 years. In fact, in recent weeks, my age increased to an alarming 40 years old! At the rate I was going, I’d be about 60 years old by summer! Also, my weight was as high as 93 kilograms (204.6 pounds) which is an increase of 11.8 kilograms (26 pounds) from my normal weight. At this rate, I would be about 300 pounds by this summer. Alarmed by the sudden increase in weight and age, I returned more vigorously to the Schedule for Life, the Holistic Living System, and the Everything Diet. Using these methods, I’ve been able to reduce my age about 10 years in about two weeks and I’ve lost 5.6 kilograms (12.32 pounds). I’ve also been able to reduce my body fat. My goal is to get back down to the level of fitness and wellness I had a few months ago: 20 years old, 81.18 kilograms, and about 14% body fat. It will take a lot of work, and I’ll need to stop living the way everyone else is living and maintain my own holistic wellness lifestyle.
- Career. My consulting business has become increasingly busy, and I’m grateful for that. Over the past two months, I’ve updated the Resources for Life.com website so it can be a searchable database of technical reference documents and general technology support documents.
- Finance. My financial situation is shifting. As of January, I took on the additional cost of having a car which is about $400 per month. Over the past few years, I’ve been commuting by bicycle year-round. Having a car again, I’m reminded of how expensive and time consuming cars are to own. However, I believe it may make sense for me, as a consultant, to have my own transportation. In the past I’d been relying upon my clients to pick me up when they needed on-site support far from the city, or if heavy equipment needed to be hauled. Having my own car actually saves on mileage since I now have one trip to a client rather than two round trips for the client to pick me up and then deliver me when I’m done.
- Relationships. My life with Makur is going well. We’re growing and maturing in our relationship.
- Activism. My new book will be published in a few weeks, so I’m excited about the impact it can have. I’ve been investing considerable time in upgrading the Resources for Life.com website which is reaching hundreds of people from all over the world every day. In the future, other than consulting, I see my greatest positive impact and most effective use of my time being through the website.
- Effective Living. Going from a life of being single to being engaged has inspired me to cut back in other areas of my life. So, I’m finding ways to become increasingly effective and efficient. I plan to share more about these on the Resources for Life.com website.
Many thanks to all of you who are continuing to keep me in your thoughts, prayers, and meditation time.