Summary. Remote PowerPoint presentation controllers (clickers) are very useful for teachers, instructors, professors, or anyone giving presentations. For unknown reasons, these units are currently selling on Amazon for 80% to 90% off their retail pricing. Read on to find out more.
Wireless controller units have many applications including:
- Boardrooms and corporate meetings
- Classroom lectures
- Tradeshows and training seminars
- Professional presentations
- Worship venues
SMK-Link RemotePoint Navigator 2.4 Premium Presentation Remote and Laser Pointer (VP4150) for $14 (90% Savings)
The SMK-Link brand of remote PowerPoint clickers is considered one of the best. The RemotePoint VP4150 (shown above) is one that is considered to be durable, reliable and easy to use. The retail price is $130. It is currently on sale for $110 from SMK-Link. It’s typically on Amazon for about $80. At present, the price on Amazon is fluctuating between about $15 and $20 (depending on the featured vendor). [Buy Now]
- PowerPoint Remote Control
- Presentation Remote
- Dedicated slide keys
- Bright red laser pointer
- 75 foot (22 meter) range (or 50′ as listed on Amazon)
- TAA Compliant
- No software required.
RemotePoint Navigator 2.4 puts Powerpoint control in the palm of your hand. It’s easy to use and effective. Unique raised icons and sleek metal styling make Navigator the ideal tool for confident and polished presentations. An RF range of 50 feet allows you to interact with your audience. Just plug in the USB receiver and start winning over the world one audience at a time.
The RemotePoint Navigator is the presentation industry’s most ergonomically perfect remote control. Its polished metal, icon-studded control keys support PowerPoint functions including Slide Forward, Slide Back and Slide Hide functions. Navigator’s 50 foot RF wireless range, with no line of sight needed, means that no matter where you’re standing or which way you’re facing in the room your slides will advance on cue every time.
RemotePoint Navigator 2.4 puts Powerpoint control in the palm of your hand. It’s easy to use and effective. Unique raised icons and sleek metal styling make Navigator the ideal tool for confident and polished presentations. A non-line-of-site RF 50-foot range allows you to interact with your audience. Just plug in the USB Receiver and start winning over the world one audience at a time.On August 15, 2007 SMK Electronics Corporation, USA acquired Interlink Electronics’ Branded and OEM Remote Control Divisions. As a result, SMK-Link Electronics Corporation was formed. SMK-Link, based in Camarillo, CA is the exclusive manufacturer and marketer of Interlink Electronics branded presentation products. SMK-Link supplies Interlink-branded presentation products to corporate, government and educational markets. Designed to increase the effectiveness of PowerPoint presentations, Interlink’s branded products include presentation remote controls, wireless keyboards and ultra-portable presentation speaker systems. [More on Manufacturer’s Support Page]
SMK-Link RemotePoint Emerald Navigator Presentation Remote for $24 (86% Savings)
- PowerPoint Remote Control
- Presentation Remote | Keynote Remote
- Green Laser Pointer
- Customizable Keys
- 100 Foot Wireless Range
- TAA Compliant
- PC and Mac Compatible
- 2.4 GHz Radio Frequency
- Auto RF 64K Unique Addresses
- Mac: OS X and later
- PCs: Windows XP, Vista and 7
- Requires available USB port
The RemotePoint Emerald Navigator offers a bright green laser pointer and presentation controls at ranges up to 100-feet. In addition to dedicated presentation controls for Mac and PC, all of the buttons on RemotePoint Emerald Navigator can be customized to send a variety of key combinations. Emerald Navigator simplifies setup by using Auto RF, a frequency agile protocol to ensure reliable communication in today’s electronically noisy environments. The Emerald Navigator comes with a carrying case and has a slot for adding a lanyard.
Works right out of the box. A downloadable utility allows custom programming of the receiver. Once programmed, the customized keys are available in any program on both Mac and PC computers without any software or drivers.
Simply insert the receiver into the Auto RF port once to complete setup. It finds a clear communications channel and adjusts automatically. [More on Manufacturer’s Support Page]
* * *
It’s not known why these prices are so low. Here are some possible reasons:
- New models are coming and therefore there is a quick rush on the part of vendors to minimize their losses and sell these quickly.
- The 2.4GHz frequency is increasingly being used by other electronic devices (such as phones and wireless routers). In some environments this could create interference that may diminish the usable distance.
- New Bluetooth standards are making it possible for remote devices to use less power and offer better range of use. The older 2.4GHz devices require a USB adapter, but most computers have Bluetooth capabilities built-in.
- It could also be that the company is going out of business or that someone has flooded the market with identical copies of the original products. However, this seems unlikely.