One way to foster personal peace is to explore ways to strengthen and secure the major areas of your life: family, faith, health, career, finances, activism, and effectiveness. By taking a holistic approach to wellness, you will allow the various areas of your life to work together synergistically, creating greater well-being. Here are some suggestions:
- Life Ways. Spend time reading an inspirational book. Go for a walk in the park. Take time to pray and/or meditate. Listen to inspirational music. Spend time with people who inspire and encourage you.
- Health. Exercise is an excellent stress reliever. Take time out to exercise every day. Go for a walk or ride a bike. Don’t skip meals. Don’t skip sleep. Listen to relaxing music. Practice conscientious deep breathing.
- Career. Don’t let stressful circumstances hinder your effectiveness at work. Look for ways to enhance your workplace and productivity at work.
- Finances. Financial pressure is one of the greatest ongoing stressors. Cut back on living expenses and avoid going into debt. Consider doing something to earn more money. Look for ways to save money. Time is money, so plan your time and be mindful of your priorities.
- Relationships. By strengthening your faith, health, career, and finances, you will be more equipped to serve and encourage your family and friends. Take time out to serve and socialize with family and friends.
- Activism. The worst part of stress or tragedy is the sense that you can’t do anything to change circumstances. Look for ways to help and encourage others. Giving of your time or finances to the Red Cross is one way to help relieve suffering around the world. There are also numerous organizations you can join and support.
- Effectiveness. Keep a journal and explore ways that you can do more with less.