Click play, or use the arrow to advance to the next video.
We offer agriculture conulting for everyting from permaculture urban gardening to larger farming operations and those interested in either traditional farming methods or regenerative farming approaches.
- Branding – Having a logo and other brand components for your farm helps build awareness and continuity.
- Communications – If you have a large property and need mobile communications over a wide area we can help you purchase and setup radios and other communciations equipment.
- Computer Support – We can help you purchase, setup, and maintain your computer including removal of malware and fixing operational problems.
- Education – It is common for farms today to provide an educational component either on-premisis or through instructional videos. We can help you develop and refine a curriculum.
- Security – For larger farm operations we can help you purchase and setup security and asset management equipment.
- Social Media – We can help you establish a social media presence that can help promote your farm and build support for your operations.
- Store – An online store for your farming operation can feature food or other items produced by your farm as well as merchanise like t-shirts and mugs. Merchandise helps spread the word about your operation and gives people a way to connect and support you.
- Tech Services – We offer tech services to help setup and maintain computer-based equipment.
- Utility Vehicles – We can help with the purchase, delivery, setup, and maintenance of your ATV/UTV equipment.
- Video Production – If you desire to create a guided informational tour of your farm, and specific processes, we can help with that.
- Web Design – We can help with your web presence by either creating a website for you, or working with your existing website. We offer exceptional training if you’d like to learn to do site management yourself.
Our focus is on farming that is: organic, small-scale, regenerative, hydroponic, and permaculture methods that are based on community supported agriculture. We also support and respect large-scale farming operations that are efficiently meeting the demands of our world’s more than 8 billion people. We believe that small-scale farming and large-scale farming operations can be complementary.
We’re currently featuring LEAAD Farms of Marquette, Nebraska operated by Cale Carlson and family. They make exceptional use of social media promoting a positive image of family farming. Learn more by following the links below. The diversity of their farming operation provides many opportunities for developing multiple skill sets. Laura Carson, one of the Carson children, seems to be the primary driving fource behind their videos and social media.
Introduction Iowa City is a great place to discover inspiring examples of regenerative agriculture. This page offers a few examples, with a personal story at the bottom of the page about a local urban garden. This list of resources is in alphabetical order. Excerpts...
This video from VICE News examines how big-ag corporate factory farms create conditions that could incubate and spread the next big pandemic virus. (VICE News, 11 Dec 2020) https://youtu.be/8yPE0DuNvUg At 5m 19s in the video, VICE News describes the NPPC as the...
Bill Lee is most notably known through his public service as Governor of Tennessee. His winning campaign was based on civility, respect, and focusing on what he would offer as governor by bringing a unique multi-generational agricultural farming background to...
PART 1: Big Agriculture Is Broken Growing food and fiber with industrial techniques has devastated our climate. Conventional agriculture contributes up to 25% of the emissions driving the climate crisis. But there’s another way. Regenerative Organic methods can build...
This page offers news and information about the 2020 global desert locust invasion. Stories and reports are listed below in chronological order with emphasis on the source and date. Some unusual fluctuations in climate have resulted in excessive locust populations....
In Episode 22, I talk about three current trends influencing the discussion about vegetarianism and seven reasons people choose plant-based foods. In addition to the seven reasons given in the podcast for choosing vegetarianism, other reasons might be religious...
In 1991, the people of Cuba had to quickly embrace some sustainability initiatives that were necessary for survival at a time of great economic crisis which continued for about 9 years. This became known as the "Special Period" or Período Especial. These initiatives...
Farming Misconceptions There's an ongoing misconception that farming is easy work that doesn't require much intelligence: "Just plant seeds in the ground and the corn comes up." In reality, farming is a lot more complicated and demanding than most people believe. The...
China is one of the most wealthy and technologically advanced countries in the world. Yet, when it comes to irrigating desert regions, an ingenious indigenous irrigation system continues to be the most practical and effective solution. "The Karez is a modern-day...