Schools for Transcendent Living
- Earth Creativity School. “Earth Creativity School offers magical art classes and art retreats. You can redesign your life into a “New Story” where every moment of every day is more exciting, more healthy, and a lot more fun. Find your true calling. Get to know yourself better, and become more of who you really are. Earth Creativity School will help you by providing the structure, support, and guidance you need.”
- Esalen Institute. “Historical luminaries like Aldous Huxley, Joseph Campbell, Jack Kerouac, Alan Ginsberg, Joan Baez, and countless others have gathered here to develop revolutionary ideas, transformative practices, and innovative art forms. Today Esalen is a retreat center where people live and work in a communal setting. Residents and guests participate in an incredible variety of alternative education and personal growth programs in subjects ranging from meditation to massage, yoga, psychology, ecology, spirituality, art, music, and much more.” [about]
- Higher Education Consortium for Urban Affairs (HECUA). “HECUA is an organization of 17 liberal arts colleges, universities and associations dedicated to education for social justice. Together we shape academically rigorous, study-abroad and off-campus study programs that address the most pressing issues in our neighborhoods, nations and world. This unique educational collaboration engages students, faculty and practitioners in learning that generates knowledge and tools for social transformation and community building.” [about]
- Knowledge is Power Program – KIPP. “KIPP, the Knowledge Is Power Program, is a national network of free, open-enrollment, college-preparatory public schools in under-resourced communities throughout the United States… At KIPP, we believe that there are no shortcuts to academic success. Outstanding educators, more time in school learning, a rigorous college-preparatory curriculum, and a strong culture of achievement and support help our students make significant academic gains and continue to excel in high school and college.”
- Maharishi School of the Age of Enlightenment. “Maharishi School’s mission is to enliven the total brain physiology of every student, and thereby create successful individuals who radiate an influence of peace and harmony in the world.” [mission]
- Omega Institute. “Since 1977, through our workshops and retreats, Omega has been a pioneer in exploring, teaching, and embracing new ideas, focusing on health and wellness, personal spiritual growth, and self-awareness. We have also had another mission: to create a peaceful oasis in a hurried world. To this end, we have made our campus a healing center, a place where you can relax, rejuvenate, and feel at home in the midst of nature’s bounty and a community of warm, caring people. Individual health and wellness, personal spiritual growth, and self-awareness, however, are not enough if others are suffering and the world is out of balance. To this end, we are also leading the way in creating a sustainable world.” [about]
- Rudolf Steiner College. “Rudolf Steiner founded the worldview known as Anthroposophy (literally, wisdom of the human being), in which the heightened capacities of thinking, feeling, and willing are seen as key to unlocking enormous human potential.” [about]
- Scattergood. Scattergood Friends School, a private, Quaker boarding school located in West Branch, Iowa, is unique in its educational approach, its emphasis on living in community, and its devotion to fostering the growth of the whole person, all of which are rooted in Quaker values.
- Universal School of Life. “Many exceptional Children called Indigo, Crystal and Rainbow are born today. These children feel different and want to be part of a large team, choosing to build rather than destroy. They have come to fulfill a precise mission. They need living family schools like ours where everything is linked: the child, the parent and the business, the environment, healthy food and a quality of life that will lead to their blossoming.” [ about | history | location ]
- Viterbo University. “Founded by the Franciscan Sisters of Perpetual Adoration in 1890, Viterbo remains committed to its Catholic Franciscan values and its mission to provide each student with a quality liberal arts education rooted in the values of human dignity and respect for the world.”
- Waldorf Schools. “By the time they (Waldorf students) reach us at the college and university level, these students are grounded broadly and deeply and have a remarkable enthusiasm for learning. Such students possess the eye of discoverers and the compassionate heart of the reformer which, when joined to a task, can change the planet.” – Arther Zajonc, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Physics, Amherst College
- WonderTree. “Wondertree Foundation is committed to advancing SelfDesign methodology throughout North America to help meet the needs of all people seeking a learning methodology aligned with human sensibilities of fulfillment, self-responsibility and cooperation.”
* * *
Choose Your Advertising. The topical advertising links below are provided by Google AdSense. In providing these links, we give our site visitors the option to view advertising or not. We don’t necessarily endorse the advertisers generated by these links, but they are supposed to be context relevant and for that reason you might find them helpful. These links will take you away from our site if you don’t right click and choose to open them in a new window or tab. We’re currently experimenting with this form of advertising. Let us know if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions. In particular, if you find advertisers listed here that are offensive or misleading, contact us and we’ll have them blocked. Our filtering of ads ensures you get the most useful advertising possible. Click on a topical link below to view a page of ads related to that topic.