Click play, or use the arrow to advance to the next video.
People We Support
We support and follow legislators and political leaders from any party who seem to be helping make a positive public-interest shift on even just a few important social issues even if we disagree with them on other issues. We look for honesty, transparency, competency, service to society, and the ability to work with others.
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez [Facebook, Twitter, Website]
- Andrew Gillum [Facebook]
- Angela Merkel [Facebook]
- Amy Klobuchar [Facebook, Twitter]
- Amy McGrath [Facebook, Twitter, YouTube]
- Bernie Sanders [Issues, OurRevoluion, Taking on Trump]
- Beto O’Rourke [Twitter]
- Cindy Nixon [IMDb, Twitter, Wikipedia]
- Elizabeth Warren [Facebook, Twitter, Wiki]
- Eric Holder [Law, NY Times, Twitter, Wikipedia]
- Justin Trudeau [Facebook, Instagram, Twitter]
- King Abdullah II of Jordan [Twitter]
- Pete Buttigieg [Fact Page]
- Sheldon Whitehouse [Twitter]
- Stacey Abrams [Twitter]
- Theresa May [Facebook, Twitter]
- Tulsi Gabbard [Facebook, Twitter]
- Arnold Schwarzenegger [Clean Energy Video, Twitter]
- Ben Carson [CNBC Feed, Facebook, Twitter]
- Bill Haslam [Facebook, Free Community College, Twitter]
- Carly Fiorina [Facebook, Twitter]
- Eric Eliason [Facebook, Twitter]
- Jeff Flake [Facebook, Twitter]
- John James [Facebook, Twitter]
- John Kasich [Facebook, Twitter]
- Jon Huntsman [Facebook, Huntsman2020.com, Wikipedia]
- Lindsey Graham [Facebook, Twitter]
- Lisa Murkowski [Facebook, Twitter]
- Liz Cheney [Facebook, Twitter]
- Marco Rubio [Facebook, Twitter, YouTube]
- Richard Shelby [Facebook, Twitter]
- Susan Collins [Facebook, Twitter]
Media Voices on the Left
- Amy Goodman [Democracy Now, Twitter]
- Anderson Cooper [CNN – AC360, Facebook, Twitter]
- Bill Maher [Facebook, Twitter, YouTube – Real Time]
- Dave Rubin [Twitter, YouTube]
- John Oliver [Facebook, IAMJohnOliver.com, IMDB, Twitter, Wikipedia, YouTube]
- Keith Olbermann [GQ – Closer Series, Huffington Post, Twitter, YouTube – The Resistance]
- Lawrence O’Donnell [MSNBC – The Last Word, Twitter]
- Rachel Maddow [Facebook, Twitter, YouTube]
- Seth Meyers [IMDB, NBC, Twitter, Wikipedia, YouTube]
- Stephen Colbert [CBS, IMDB, Twitter, Wikipedia, YouTube]
- Trevor Noah [Facebook, Instagram, TrevorNoah.com, Twitter, Wikipedia, YouTube]
Organizations Promoting Civility, Healing, Respect, Understanding, and Cooperation
The following organizations are working to promote civility and healthy democratic process.
The following stories provide more information about the political civility movement.
- Press Citizen, Zachary Oren Smith, 7 Feb 2020 at 3:05 PM CT. “‘Reds’ and ‘Blues’ find common ground in Iowa City” Excerpt: “There are some topics of conversations you just don’t broach with strangers, chief among them religion and politics. In grade school, students learn about war fought over the former, but in today’s American news climate, it’s schisms in the latter causing contention.” [More…]
- The Atlantic, Rebecca Nelson, 30 Oct 2015. “The War On Partisanship” Excerpt: “In the age of Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders, of Fox News and MSNBC, of total partisan warfare at all levels of government, No Labels is, to put it mildly, out of step with the zeitgeist of U.S. politics.” [More…]
Other Presidential Candidates
The following candidates have either dropped out, or are at present seeming to have insufficient support to rise above the top tier candidates.
Additional Political Resources
Before a Country Can Be Great, It Has to be Good
The Good Country Index provides a directory of countries based on success in various categories and measurements for quality of life. Click the chart to view the interactive online resource and dig deeper into the data behind this chart.
Articles on Politics
[COVID-19 Strategic Response Portal] From: Jon Huntsman, former Governor of UtahDate: 20 Jan 2020Re: "Utah will rise to the challenge" Utahns have seen tough times before and we are better prepared than anyone to meet the challenge. This week has been one of dramatic...
[Source: The Intercept, Naomi Klein, 16 Mar 2020] Governments around the world are busily exploiting the coronavirus crisis to push for no-strings-attached corporate bailouts and regulatory rollbacks. “I've spent two decades studying the transformations that take...
There has been a rise in news reports focusing on Joe Biden's verbal gaffes and questioning his mental acuity. His opponents in the Democratic Party as well as Republicans, are hoping this will discourage voters from supporting him. The result of this will be that...
Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders joins Chris Wallace on 'Fox News Sunday.' (Fox News, 8 Mar 2020) https://youtu.be/gHhB71P2BPQ
Had women and their allies united to support Elizabeth Warren in the same way moderates united to support Joe Biden, Elizabeth Warren could be a frontrunner in the presidential race and could have gone on to become the Party’s nominee.
Bernie Sanders and his supporters have created, curated, refined, and promoted an ideology and political agenda that is viewed as a threat by many powerful people, organizations, companies, industries, and sectors of society. As a result, Sanders faces a wall of...
The process of election primaries should be similar to athletes competing to go the Olympics. The athletes compete at the state level and then national level and eventually the winners go to represent their country in the Olympics. Each country wants their best...
As someone who is politically independent, I support a variety of candidates, sometimes opposing ones if I like their positions and how their message influences public discourse. There are Republicans and Democratic Party politicians helping make their parties better,...
Until recently, Michael Bloomberg has been focusing on anti-Trump political ads. This is consistent with his promise to support whoever becomes the Democratic Party presidential nominee. Recently Bloomberg has focused his attacks on Bernie Sanders, as shown below....
Praise for Progress and Poverty Among many famous people who asserted that it was impossible to refute George on the land question were Winston Churchill, Leo Tolstoy, John Dewey, and Bertrand Russell. Tolstoy and Dewey, especially, dedicated much of their lives to...
Some creative Canadian has produced some Anime openings to an imaginary Bernie Sanders Anime television show. Season 2 https://youtu.be/s2Ejib-aYpM Season 3 https://youtu.be/YQRTf6RyNf8 Season 1 https://youtu.be/MrPN5klyJLg
Amy McGrath is a retired fighter pilot who is currently looking to continue her public service career through politics. This page offers some quick resources to learn more. For other candidates, visit ResourcesForLife.com/politics Quick Links Facebook.com/AmyMcGrathKY...
Quotes on Politics and Government
The articles below are listed in chronological order with the most recent at the top. Most of the new articles are reference pages for some of the 2020 presidential candidates.
“The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.” – Thomas Jefferson
“Blind submission to the Administration of the government is not devotion to the country or the Constitution. The administration is not the government.” – Edward G. Ryan
“As nightfall does not come all at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there is a twilight when everything remains seemingly unchanged. And it is in such twilight that we all must be most aware of change in the air – however slight – lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness.” – Justice William O. Douglas
“Those who expect to reap the blessing of freedom must…undergo the fatigue of supporting it.” – Thomas Paine
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” – Teddy Roosevelt
“If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon’s but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other.” – Ulysses S. Grant
“If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” – President James Madison
“Experience should teach us to be most on our guard to protect liberty when the government’s purposes are beneficial. The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well meaning but without understanding.” – Louis D. Brandeis
“Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” – Benjamin Franklin
“I never would have agreed to the formulation of the Central Intelligence Agency back in forty-seven, if I had known it would become the American Gestapo.” – Harry S Truman, 1961
“I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of freedoms of the people by gradual and silent encroachment of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations.” – James Madison
“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” – Abraham Lincoln
“Naturally the common people don’t want war … but after all, it is the leaders of a country who determine the policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in every country.” – Hermann Goring
“Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in fear.” – President Harry S. Truman, message to Congress, August 8, 1950