Click play, or use the arrow to advance to the next video.
People We Support
We support and follow legislators and political leaders from any party who seem to be helping make a positive public-interest shift on even just a few important social issues even if we disagree with them on other issues. We look for honesty, transparency, competency, service to society, and the ability to work with others.
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez [Facebook, Twitter, Website]
- Andrew Gillum [Facebook]
- Angela Merkel [Facebook]
- Amy Klobuchar [Facebook, Twitter]
- Amy McGrath [Facebook, Twitter, YouTube]
- Bernie Sanders [Issues, OurRevoluion, Taking on Trump]
- Beto O’Rourke [Twitter]
- Cindy Nixon [IMDb, Twitter, Wikipedia]
- Elizabeth Warren [Facebook, Twitter, Wiki]
- Eric Holder [Law, NY Times, Twitter, Wikipedia]
- Justin Trudeau [Facebook, Instagram, Twitter]
- King Abdullah II of Jordan [Twitter]
- Pete Buttigieg [Fact Page]
- Sheldon Whitehouse [Twitter]
- Stacey Abrams [Twitter]
- Theresa May [Facebook, Twitter]
- Tulsi Gabbard [Facebook, Twitter]
- Arnold Schwarzenegger [Clean Energy Video, Twitter]
- Ben Carson [CNBC Feed, Facebook, Twitter]
- Bill Haslam [Facebook, Free Community College, Twitter]
- Carly Fiorina [Facebook, Twitter]
- Eric Eliason [Facebook, Twitter]
- Jeff Flake [Facebook, Twitter]
- John James [Facebook, Twitter]
- John Kasich [Facebook, Twitter]
- Jon Huntsman [Facebook, Huntsman2020.com, Wikipedia]
- Lindsey Graham [Facebook, Twitter]
- Lisa Murkowski [Facebook, Twitter]
- Liz Cheney [Facebook, Twitter]
- Marco Rubio [Facebook, Twitter, YouTube]
- Richard Shelby [Facebook, Twitter]
- Susan Collins [Facebook, Twitter]
Media Voices on the Left
- Amy Goodman [Democracy Now, Twitter]
- Anderson Cooper [CNN – AC360, Facebook, Twitter]
- Bill Maher [Facebook, Twitter, YouTube – Real Time]
- Dave Rubin [Twitter, YouTube]
- John Oliver [Facebook, IAMJohnOliver.com, IMDB, Twitter, Wikipedia, YouTube]
- Keith Olbermann [GQ – Closer Series, Huffington Post, Twitter, YouTube – The Resistance]
- Lawrence O’Donnell [MSNBC – The Last Word, Twitter]
- Rachel Maddow [Facebook, Twitter, YouTube]
- Seth Meyers [IMDB, NBC, Twitter, Wikipedia, YouTube]
- Stephen Colbert [CBS, IMDB, Twitter, Wikipedia, YouTube]
- Trevor Noah [Facebook, Instagram, TrevorNoah.com, Twitter, Wikipedia, YouTube]
Organizations Promoting Civility, Healing, Respect, Understanding, and Cooperation
The following organizations are working to promote civility and healthy democratic process.
The following stories provide more information about the political civility movement.
- Press Citizen, Zachary Oren Smith, 7 Feb 2020 at 3:05 PM CT. “‘Reds’ and ‘Blues’ find common ground in Iowa City” Excerpt: “There are some topics of conversations you just don’t broach with strangers, chief among them religion and politics. In grade school, students learn about war fought over the former, but in today’s American news climate, it’s schisms in the latter causing contention.” [More…]
- The Atlantic, Rebecca Nelson, 30 Oct 2015. “The War On Partisanship” Excerpt: “In the age of Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders, of Fox News and MSNBC, of total partisan warfare at all levels of government, No Labels is, to put it mildly, out of step with the zeitgeist of U.S. politics.” [More…]
Other Presidential Candidates
The following candidates have either dropped out, or are at present seeming to have insufficient support to rise above the top tier candidates.
Additional Political Resources
Before a Country Can Be Great, It Has to be Good
The Good Country Index provides a directory of countries based on success in various categories and measurements for quality of life. Click the chart to view the interactive online resource and dig deeper into the data behind this chart.
Articles on Politics
https://youtu.be/-BPHye-3XY0 Speech Transcript Good morning. Distinguished guests, John-Miles, Lewis’ family and friends, Lord I thank you for inviting us for being here today. John’s story began on a tiny farm in Troy, Alabama, a place so small he said you can barely...
Conspiracy theories are spreading rapidly on the Internet. And they find an audience that believes them. Scientists are studying why people have a tendency to believe nonsense is true. The Internet has profoundly changed our thinking in less than two decades. No other...
Summary On 7 June 2020, Archbishop Carlo Maria Viganò wrote an open letter to President Donald Trump which describes an eternal spiritual struggle between the forces of good and evil. His letter refers to the recent protests in the United States. Rather than saying...
Below are recent news reports regarding the Israeli plan for annexation of the West Bank. These reports are presented in chronological order with the most recent at the top and listed with news source and date. VOA News (8 Jun 2020) Peace Process Fading as Israeli...
Steve King is an Iowa politician known for what some describe as incendiary, racist, anti-immigrant, and white nationalist remarks that have been considered precursors to the Trump era. With a message similar to Trump's, the nine-term Republican Congressman continued...
This page contains selected news stories about the May and June 2020 protests organized chronologically under topic heading. Times are adjusted for Central Time. Additional topics and stories will be added here as the protests continue. Please let us know of any...
MOSCOW – The Russian capital is home to a network of 178,000 surveillance cameras. Thousands of these cameras are already connected to facial recognition software under a program called “Safe City.” Police claim the technology has helped arrest more than 300 people....
Over the past weeks and months, Iran has descended into chaos. From the downing of a passenger jet to the assassination of a top general, and now one of the world's largest coronavirus outbreaks, life in the Islamic Republic is facing its toughest challenges since it...
Summary These are videos of James Surowiecki talking about his book "The Wisdom of Crowds" and the principles it is based on. [View on Amazon] CMX (13 Jun 2016) James Surowiecki: The Power of the Collective. James Surowiecki, author of The Wisdom of Crowds and...
The Rebel Alliance vs The Empire I'm a fan of Star Wars, but I'm not cult follower. I don't dress up as characters or have Star Wars action figures. What I like about Star Wars is that the storyline is simple and familiar: There is a government (the Empire) which has...
"Africa is changing so fast, it is becoming hard to ignore. In the short term the continent faces many problems, including covid-19, but in the long term it could rival China's economic might." (The Economist, 7 Apr 2020) https://youtu.be/p8fl-u1UMVA [VIdeo Date: 7...
There's a lot of people out there talking trash about Joe Biden, and if they don't stop it, Joe is going to have to set them straight. Joe chose a life in politics over a career in professional wrestling, but he hasn't lost his edge. Joe is ready to take on any...
Quotes on Politics and Government
The articles below are listed in chronological order with the most recent at the top. Most of the new articles are reference pages for some of the 2020 presidential candidates.
“The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.” – Thomas Jefferson
“Blind submission to the Administration of the government is not devotion to the country or the Constitution. The administration is not the government.” – Edward G. Ryan
“As nightfall does not come all at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there is a twilight when everything remains seemingly unchanged. And it is in such twilight that we all must be most aware of change in the air – however slight – lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness.” – Justice William O. Douglas
“Those who expect to reap the blessing of freedom must…undergo the fatigue of supporting it.” – Thomas Paine
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” – Teddy Roosevelt
“If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon’s but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other.” – Ulysses S. Grant
“If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” – President James Madison
“Experience should teach us to be most on our guard to protect liberty when the government’s purposes are beneficial. The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well meaning but without understanding.” – Louis D. Brandeis
“Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” – Benjamin Franklin
“I never would have agreed to the formulation of the Central Intelligence Agency back in forty-seven, if I had known it would become the American Gestapo.” – Harry S Truman, 1961
“I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of freedoms of the people by gradual and silent encroachment of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations.” – James Madison
“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” – Abraham Lincoln
“Naturally the common people don’t want war … but after all, it is the leaders of a country who determine the policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in every country.” – Hermann Goring
“Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in fear.” – President Harry S. Truman, message to Congress, August 8, 1950