Click play, or use the arrow to advance to the next video.
People We Support
We support and follow legislators and political leaders from any party who seem to be helping make a positive public-interest shift on even just a few important social issues even if we disagree with them on other issues. We look for honesty, transparency, competency, service to society, and the ability to work with others.
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez [Facebook, Twitter, Website]
- Andrew Gillum [Facebook]
- Angela Merkel [Facebook]
- Amy Klobuchar [Facebook, Twitter]
- Amy McGrath [Facebook, Twitter, YouTube]
- Bernie Sanders [Issues, OurRevoluion, Taking on Trump]
- Beto O’Rourke [Twitter]
- Cindy Nixon [IMDb, Twitter, Wikipedia]
- Elizabeth Warren [Facebook, Twitter, Wiki]
- Eric Holder [Law, NY Times, Twitter, Wikipedia]
- Justin Trudeau [Facebook, Instagram, Twitter]
- King Abdullah II of Jordan [Twitter]
- Pete Buttigieg [Fact Page]
- Sheldon Whitehouse [Twitter]
- Stacey Abrams [Twitter]
- Theresa May [Facebook, Twitter]
- Tulsi Gabbard [Facebook, Twitter]
- Arnold Schwarzenegger [Clean Energy Video, Twitter]
- Ben Carson [CNBC Feed, Facebook, Twitter]
- Bill Haslam [Facebook, Free Community College, Twitter]
- Carly Fiorina [Facebook, Twitter]
- Eric Eliason [Facebook, Twitter]
- Jeff Flake [Facebook, Twitter]
- John James [Facebook, Twitter]
- John Kasich [Facebook, Twitter]
- Jon Huntsman [Facebook, Huntsman2020.com, Wikipedia]
- Lindsey Graham [Facebook, Twitter]
- Lisa Murkowski [Facebook, Twitter]
- Liz Cheney [Facebook, Twitter]
- Marco Rubio [Facebook, Twitter, YouTube]
- Richard Shelby [Facebook, Twitter]
- Susan Collins [Facebook, Twitter]
Media Voices on the Left
- Amy Goodman [Democracy Now, Twitter]
- Anderson Cooper [CNN – AC360, Facebook, Twitter]
- Bill Maher [Facebook, Twitter, YouTube – Real Time]
- Dave Rubin [Twitter, YouTube]
- John Oliver [Facebook, IAMJohnOliver.com, IMDB, Twitter, Wikipedia, YouTube]
- Keith Olbermann [GQ – Closer Series, Huffington Post, Twitter, YouTube – The Resistance]
- Lawrence O’Donnell [MSNBC – The Last Word, Twitter]
- Rachel Maddow [Facebook, Twitter, YouTube]
- Seth Meyers [IMDB, NBC, Twitter, Wikipedia, YouTube]
- Stephen Colbert [CBS, IMDB, Twitter, Wikipedia, YouTube]
- Trevor Noah [Facebook, Instagram, TrevorNoah.com, Twitter, Wikipedia, YouTube]
Organizations Promoting Civility, Healing, Respect, Understanding, and Cooperation
The following organizations are working to promote civility and healthy democratic process.
The following stories provide more information about the political civility movement.
- Press Citizen, Zachary Oren Smith, 7 Feb 2020 at 3:05 PM CT. “‘Reds’ and ‘Blues’ find common ground in Iowa City” Excerpt: “There are some topics of conversations you just don’t broach with strangers, chief among them religion and politics. In grade school, students learn about war fought over the former, but in today’s American news climate, it’s schisms in the latter causing contention.” [More…]
- The Atlantic, Rebecca Nelson, 30 Oct 2015. “The War On Partisanship” Excerpt: “In the age of Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders, of Fox News and MSNBC, of total partisan warfare at all levels of government, No Labels is, to put it mildly, out of step with the zeitgeist of U.S. politics.” [More…]
Additional Political Resources
Before a Country Can Be Great, It Has to be Good
The Good Country Index provides a directory of countries based on success in various categories and measurements for quality of life. Click the chart to view the interactive online resource and dig deeper into the data behind this chart.
Articles on Politics
Brad Parscale is known for his innovative work using social media to engineer a win for Donald Trump during the 2016 election. There is a CBS 60 Minutes interview and a PBS FRONTLINE interview with Parscale where he explains specifically how he engineered a win for...
With the nation in crisis, FRONTLINE investigates how President Donald Trump and former Vice President Joe Biden have responded to crises throughout their own lives. In the midst of the historic coronavirus pandemic, economic hardship and a reckoning over racism, this...
Summary This page contains videos about present-day left-wing liberal militant activists advocating violence. The videos below are listed in chronological order. To learn more about militant right-wing conservatives, read "Militant and Weaponized: America’s Patriot...
The following videos provide some insight into the rise of patriot militia groups in America over the past few years. These videos are listed in chronological order. The list will be updated as new videos are discovered. This is a reference document that intends to be...
In most election years there is a fairly consistent partisan alignment around a party's presidential nomination. In 2016, and again in 2020, both the Republican and Democratic Party members have had differing views. Among Democrats, the split was between Bernie...
The following video is from NowThis News and it explores how class solidarity can help unite people of otherwise different backgrounds. https://youtu.be/iwqBXUb1TdE [Video Date: 11 Sep 2020. Posted: 13 Sep 2020]
Event In 15 days, on 25 Sep 2020, the Patagonia documentary about public lands will be launched and streamed on YouTube. Signup now on YouTube to be reminded of the event. The video will be a feature-length documentary about America’s system of public lands and the...
Below are selected videos and campaign ads that convey the Republican messaging and narrative for the 2020 election. This page is being created as a placeholder for reference, archival purposes, and as a supplement to writings elsewhere. This document is public, but...
Bill Lee is most notably known through his public service as Governor of Tennessee. His winning campaign was based on civility, respect, and focusing on what he would offer as governor by bringing a unique multi-generational agricultural farming background to...
Yesterday I had a question from someone in Japan regarding America. He writes: Greg Johnson, Thank you so much! I would like to know the shadow of the life of the people. Almost Japanese people think that all American people are so happy. I want to know the American...
https://youtu.be/-BPHye-3XY0 Speech Transcript Good morning. Distinguished guests, John-Miles, Lewis’ family and friends, Lord I thank you for inviting us for being here today. John’s story began on a tiny farm in Troy, Alabama, a place so small he said you can barely...
Conspiracy theories are spreading rapidly on the Internet. And they find an audience that believes them. Scientists are studying why people have a tendency to believe nonsense is true. The Internet has profoundly changed our thinking in less than two decades. No other...
Quotes on Politics and Government
The articles below are listed in chronological order with the most recent at the top. Most of the new articles are reference pages for some of the 2020 presidential candidates.
“The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.” – Thomas Jefferson
“Blind submission to the Administration of the government is not devotion to the country or the Constitution. The administration is not the government.” – Edward G. Ryan
“As nightfall does not come all at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there is a twilight when everything remains seemingly unchanged. And it is in such twilight that we all must be most aware of change in the air – however slight – lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness.” – Justice William O. Douglas
“Those who expect to reap the blessing of freedom must…undergo the fatigue of supporting it.” – Thomas Paine
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” – Teddy Roosevelt
“If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon’s but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other.” – Ulysses S. Grant
“If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” – President James Madison
“Experience should teach us to be most on our guard to protect liberty when the government’s purposes are beneficial. The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well meaning but without understanding.” – Louis D. Brandeis
“Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” – Benjamin Franklin
“I never would have agreed to the formulation of the Central Intelligence Agency back in forty-seven, if I had known it would become the American Gestapo.” – Harry S Truman, 1961
“I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of freedoms of the people by gradual and silent encroachment of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations.” – James Madison
“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” – Abraham Lincoln
“Naturally the common people don’t want war … but after all, it is the leaders of a country who determine the policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in every country.” – Hermann Goring
“Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in fear.” – President Harry S. Truman, message to Congress, August 8, 1950