It’s been collectively suggested that Donald Trump and his family are anti-Semetic White Nationalist Nazis helping to fuel a rise in anti-Jewish hate crimes and attacks in the U.S. and around the world. The following video offers comments by Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu regarding these claims.
- “Donald Trump’s Jewish Family and Friends,” by Admin Rosen, Tablet Magazine, 15 July 2016. Excerpt: “It’s been decades since a major party presidential candidate had a harder case to make to American Jewish voters than Donald Trump. Trump has supported policies that sit uneasily with American Jews, and shown what some deem to be an alarming tolerance for anti-Semitic supporters and even a tone-deaf enthusiasm for some of their iconography. At the same time, Trump is the father of an Orthodox Jew and counts Jews among his closest advisers and supporters. Few other serious presidential candidates have had as up-close or as personal an experience with Jews or Judaism.”
- “Every Racist I Know Voted for Donald Trump,” by Conor Friedersdorf, 13 Feb 2017, The Atlantic. Excerpt: “Every racist that I know—and I know a lot of racists—every racist that I know voted for Donald Trump.”
- “Trump is headed to the White House. Did we just elect our first Jewish president?” by Wayne Allyn Root, Fox News, 20 Nov 2016. Excerpt: “I believe Donald Trump should be called ‘America’s first Jewish president.’ I should know. I’m an Ivy League-educated Jewish kid from New York. … Let me prove to you that Donald is our first Jewish president… Donald’s daughter Ivanka has converted to orthodox Judaism. That makes Donald the first president in the history of America with orthodox Jewish grandkids. … How strong are Donald’s bonds to Israel? He was the Grand Marshal of the annual “Salute to Israel” parade. The Jewish National Fund awarded Donald the ‘Tree of Life’ award for his lifetime of support for the Jewish people and the state of Israel. Jewish Week found that Donald has given generously for many years to Jewish charities. A professor of American Jewish History calls Trump’s charitable giving to Jewish causes impressive and clearly out of the ordinary for a non-Jew.”
- “Trump Selects a White Nationalist Leader as a Delegate in California,” by Josh Harkinson, Mother Jones, July/August 2016. Excerpt: “On Monday evening, California’s secretary of state published a list of delegates chosen by the Trump campaign for the upcoming Republican presidential primary in the state. Trump’s slate includes William Johnson, one of the country’s most prominent white nationalists.”
- “Trump Rolls Out Anti-Semitic Closing Ad” by Josh Marshall, Talking Points Memo, 5 Nov 2016.